Which country has the cheapest Chanel?

Edz

Nov 4, 2006
Please don't say China. :supacool:

I'm just wondering cos it's cheaper to get LV in France. So now, I'm wondering about Chanel.

And does Chanel go on sale?

Where do I buy Chanel from Australia? Is Singapore a good destination to get luxury goods at a good? Price?

Hi, I am from Singapore! Don't come over to buy cos we only have 1 miserable chanel here and everything is always out of stock!!! So only the million dollar spenders who have their names high on the wait list need apply.

Sincerely.

depends where you live. cheaper in france if you're from aus because you don't get charged VAT, you will still get taxed on our end. i would find out the RRP+ shipping first and work out the final price. it might only be marginally cheaper.

Hi, I am from Singapore! Don't come over to buy cos we only have 1 miserable chanel here and everything is always out of stock!!! So only the million dollar spenders who have their names high on the wait list need apply.

Sincerely.

:wtf: OMG!... Serious? Out of stock? I remember dino years ago when i was in Singapore Chanel, I was not impressed witht he service. OH well, hopefully things changed. Does Chanel ever go on sale?

Well, look on the bright side. Singapore has more luxury stores compared to Perth! There's only 1 Louis Vuitton and 1 Gucci in Perth! Absolutely nowhere to shop! Only option is Louis cos I'm notinterested in Gucci. BUt I'm bored of Louis now....

:wtf: OMG!... Serious? Out of stock? I remember dino years ago when i was in Singapore Chanel, I was not impressed witht he service. OH well, hopefully things changed. Does Chanel ever go on sale?

Well, look on the bright side. Singapore has more luxury stores compared to Perth! There's only 1 Louis Vuitton and 1 Gucci in Perth! Absolutely nowhere to shop! Only option is Louis cos I'm notinterested in Gucci. BUt I'm bored of Louis now....

i'm still not impressed with the service. :Push: haven't found the right SA yet i reckon.

chanel singapore isn't that bad, though! I always seem to find what i want.

bags aren't a lot cheaper in singapore, i don't think. But definitely cheaper (but by how much, i can't be sure) than australia, if i'm not mistaken!

p.s. my friend tells me its cheaper to buy chanel in hong kong because its "tax/duty free"?

Yes, Hong Kong does not charge import taxes, so it is slightly cheaper.
But nothing compared to France. I always love getting the tax refund at the airport, makes me feel less guilty about my purchases!

yep, shopping in paris is better...three years ago, i bought a bunch of stuff at the LV on Champs Elysees, and included in my purchases was a monogram canvas porte-tresor international for 395 euros, and now it costs $495 USD...my mother also bought a chanel east west for a little over 900 euros...i'd go crazy over there!!

i still feel that the US is the best place to shop....you think SA's are rude here in the states, they are 10 times worse overseas

tax refund?
how to get that?

never gone to France though.hehehe

With any purchase above 175 euros in France from the same store, you can get back the detaxe which ranges from 10% to 14%. Depending on the store. You just fill out the paper work in the store and bring it to the inspection desk at the airport on your way out and have it stamped and processed. They'll want to see the goods, so make sure it is handy. Thereafter, they give you the detaxe in cash or into your credit card (takes 3 months). It's easy and it always works.