Which compact wallet should I buy?

hannahmary

Aug 28, 2016
Hi I am searching for a compact wallet. I like small, thin and snap open wallet which can hold both card and cash. But I can not decide which to buy. I really like wallet in red venis but worry if it will get dirty easily and I see some old venis item with broken margin on internet. Beside venis, I also like wallet in monogram canvas. The owl victorine wallet looks good to me but I worry about the white eye get dirty. Can you guys suggest one for me? Thank you in advance!

Last edited:
Hi I am searching for a compact wallet. I like small, thin and snap open wallet. But I can not decide which to buy. I really like wallet in red venis but worry if it will get dirty easily and I see some old venis item with broken margin on internet. Beside venis, I also like wallet in monogram canvas. The owl victorine wallet looks good to me but I worry about the white eye get dirty. Can you guys suggest one for me? Thank you in advance!

What about victorine in monogram? Or in Damier?

View attachment 3576685
View attachment 3576686

I'm also on a hunt for a small, compact wallet. I've been thinking of a Zippy Coin Purse lately, because it's kind of a classic and you have plenty of room for cards, cash and coins in it. It also comes in many different leathers and canvases to choose from and has a very good price point. Empreinte key pouch is also a great option if you are not bothered that you don't have separate slots for credit cards. I personally don't like canvas Victorine because of that leather coated button that might get damaged easily, but it's a great option in epi!

Reactions: jlwilliams559
I'm also on a hunt for a small, compact wallet. I've been thinking of a Zippy Coin Purse lately, because it's kind of a classic and you have plenty of room for cards, cash and coins in it. It also comes in many different leathers and canvases to choose from and has a very good price point. Empreinte key pouch is also a great option if you are not bothered that you don't have separate slots for credit cards. I personally don't like canvas Victorine because of that leather coated button that might get damaged easily, but it's a great option in epi!
My six ring key holder has the same button and it's not had any issues! And that thing has been thrown around and used to death.

I recently got the Epi Business Card Holder in black to use as a travel wallet, and I love it.

http://us.louisvuitton.com/eng-us/products/business-card-holder-epi-012760#M56169

I am able to carry two cards in the front slot, and a few more in the main compartment, as well as several folded bills and some coins. The epi is very durable and I found the size compact enough to fit into my small crossbody bag or coat pocket without being too restrictive in terms of what I could carry.

Reactions: Kansashalo
I had the same dilemma last year and ended up getting the monogram Victorine. I was contemplating the zippy coin purse, however I knew the zip would annoy me and having to fold my notes.
The Victorine is great as you can put your notes in without having to fold them, there's dedicated card slots and also a little zipped compartment for loose change. I love the pop of colour, as it's not your usual monogram with the brown leather interior.

However I have noticed the glazing cracking on mine, and not sure if mine is just defective. I never had a problem with my old Sarah wallet that I used everyday for a few years.

I also purchased the Empreinte Key Pouch but it has never been used, been sitting in the dust bag and box for months now, think I need to re-home it :sad:

Did you end up getting the zippy and if so how do you like it?

I'm having the same problem as you about which compact wallet to buy.

I'm either thinking the victorine, or zippy coin purse as I already have the Empreinte key pouch but it's a bit small. The victorine I really like, but I would probably get in the tropical epi colour, as the pop of colour is so nice. And there is no need to worry about the button on the front as its silver, and also the colour is very limited. It's pink, blue and is so happy and spring summer. Makes you smile. But then I'm worried about the issues they had with the monogram RB, where the card slots were too tight and the black section behind it just kept coming off and rolling down. Not sure if LV has fixed the problem, but the tropical Epi is $200 dearer than the monogram, and that a lot of difference in price if they haven't fixed it.

My other option is the zcp in vernis, either in amarante, or magenta. It's such s nice design, and compact and classic, but I think won't be able to hold as much as the victorine. So those are my options at the moment. Hope that helps you!

Did you end up getting the zippy and if so how do you like it?

I haven't purchased it yet, I keep going back and forth between the Zippy Coin Purse and the Victorine wallet. After reading this thread I've checked out some youtube videos on Victorine and at this moment I'm leaning towards that one a bit more. I'd really want to purchase a compact wallet until the end of this year! I'm doing a bit of research now, but I don't want to rush into getting something I might regret later.

Reactions: Bumbles
I haven't purchased it yet, I keep going back and forth between the Zippy Coin Purse and the Victorine wallet. After reading this thread I've checked out some youtube videos on Victorine and at this moment I'm leaning towards that one a bit more. I'd really want to purchase a compact wallet until the end of this year! I'm doing a bit of research now, but I don't want to rush into getting something I might regret later.
Keep us posted on what you decide.