Which comes first? Shoes or Clothes?

bags&shoes

shopping is an art
Jul 1, 2008
Hollywood, CA
I love to buy shoes and boots (high end designer). Because I wear a big size (11) it's harder for me to find shoes, so I work harder at it. And so generally, I get the shoes and then go on the hunt for the clothes to go with them.

How do you do it?

Mar 5, 2008
I am much more into shoes. I buy shoes first and don't think about what will "match." I tend to like a lot of color, and I like wearing color with color, so I don't find it hard to find outfits to wear my shoes with. I also wear a lot of denim, which goes with everything! Oh, and I don't mind wearing "evening shoes" on less-than-formal occasions.

bags&shoes

shopping is an art
Jul 1, 2008
Hollywood, CA
Ooooh. I noticed you're in LA. I'm in Orange County. It is very southern cal. to wear evening shoes or anything at anytime here. I don't think California follows "seasonal" rules like other parts of the country. We just like to be fabulous!

brigadeiro

O.G.
Apr 20, 2007
I buy them independently, and don't really think about matching shoes with a particular outfit (the only exception I can think of is were my wedding shoes/dress).

Mar 5, 2008
Ooooh. I noticed you're in LA. I'm in Orange County. It is very southern cal. to wear evening shoes or anything at anytime here. I don't think California follows "seasonal" rules like other parts of the country. We just like to be fabulous!
Yup, definitely! :yes: ;)

snowtire

O.G.
Dec 13, 2006
taipei
i say bags!! LOL =P

between shoes and clothes, i think the right/wrong pair of shoes can make or break an outfit, so i will go with shoes.

steffe

aka Julia
O.G.
Mar 17, 2008
New England
if i am to attend a special occasion, i'll select a dress first; then accessories (shoes, clutch..etc) to go with it.

otherwise, there is no order which comes first.

GirlieShoppe

HermesNewbie
O.G.
Jun 2, 2008
I usually buy the outfit first and then try to find the right shoes. However, there have been several times when I've bought a great pair of shoes knowing that I would have to buy clothes to go with them.

bangalkat

I'm so happee!
Oct 7, 2007
I kinda agree with HermesNewbie.
But sometimes I just like getting shoes for the heck of it.. more reason to get new clothes :P

EmeraldStar

Apr 8, 2006
San Diego
It's clothes first for me! I like to look for new outfits and hope that I have shoes to go with it. If I don't then I'll go look for some. Also, I will spend more money on a clothing item than a pair of shoes because I can keep the clothing in better condition after wearing it than a pair of shoes (unless I bother to get sole protectors).