Which colour Mulberry Strap?

Jan 31, 2009
Morning Ladies.

I'd like your advice please....some of you may recall my 'dog fight' incident about 14m ago, which has resulted in me having a duff shoulder.

I find I can't wear my shoulder bags for long as it hurts too much, and I just can't seem to carry them on my left shoulder somehow....

Anyway, some time ago, I wrote to Mulberry, and they very kindly offered to sell me a canvas messenger strap - as I was thinking I'd be able to convert my 2 (choc & black) Somerset Shoulders into Messengers, so I'd use them again.

Thing is, which colour strap should I go for? I've already got a Non-Mulberry brown leather strap, which doesn't look bad with the choc one, so I was thinking a black one - but then again, I could perhaps go for beige, which would go with both bags??

Oooh tricky - I agree that the beige would go with both, but would look less smart than the black on black. Are you looking for a more casual touch or to be able to dress up a bit?
...unless one of each colour is an option?! :graucho:

Black on Black is cool, but I have beige one as well from vintage Mulberry - which has been proven to be very useful. See it as the long term investment, why not have both? You can mix & match with the outfit then (like I do, lol). :biggrin:

But if it has to be one, I vote for Black.

^^ Afraid so... ended up with a Frozen Shoulder (and the dog daren't go on this park anymore - so much for the 5 min memory they say they have!).

My gut reaction was perhaps black or even brown (until I remember beige!) - wondered if a black bag would look OK with a brown strap (looks OK with Mitzy for example), and better than the other way around iykwim

I think it kinda also depends on the width of the strap, LadyF. If the strap is quite wide & black (like the Ant strap), I think it could look a little over-powering with the smallish Somersets. I have a narrowish brown strap which I think looks good with both my black & bronze Brookes. However, I do agree with Wulie that black on black looks smarter than brown/beige on black. Maybe a narrow black strap would be the best compromise?