Which colour is nicer? Beige or light beige?

Classic large/jumbo: which colour?

• Light beige with gold hardware

• Beige with gold hardware

• It's your first bag -get black!

Results are only viewable after voting.

littlemunchkinx

✿✿✿✿✿✿✿
May 2, 2007
I'm hoping to get my first classic in caviar with gold hardware and can't decide between these two colours. I'm leaning more towards light beige though I'm concerned with colour transfer. Does light beige pick up colour easily? Do you have to be careful with using beige colours as opposed to black?

I recently went through this decision with my first Chanel. I ended up getting caviar beige (with SHW) and I have to say - it goes with so much more than a black bag in my wardrobe.

In the summertime it goes beautifully with lighter colors while in wintertime, it stands out beautifully against dark ensembles instead of just blending in. A black med/large is my next purchase, but I honestly believe my BC will still get the most use.

And if you're buying caviar, color transfer isn't an issue providing you avoid suuper dark denim and unwashed dark clothing.

PS- Obviously I voted beige, LOL!

I vote for both. (I am no help at all.) I currently own the light beige gold hardware caviar, and i haven't had any color transfer. From what I understand, if color transfer occurs, you can wipe it off with a baby wipe on caviar leather. please check other threads about this issue before trying it as I have not had to do this. The light beige is gorgeous but because of the gold hardware, I tend to mostly wear it with dressy outfits. A beige with silver hardware is more versatile, I think. I am hopeful that I will get a beige bag soon. I am currently on a waiting list for one of the dark beige St. Tropez bags. That one is not caviar, so I will have to be careful about color transfer. I agree with akillian24 that a beige bag goes with everything and is perfect for all seasons. Let us know what you decide. Every piece of C is truly gorgeous, so you cant go wrong.

ok. i must be clear first......

1) light beige (its beige claire, the one classic thats constant selling in store)
2) beige ( darker than light beige and NOT a classic color that always in store)

am i right? as i am having beige claire which is the classic.......

If you're loving a light colour flap, go for light beige with GHW - it's divine! I don't think your first flap bag HAS to be black...go with what goes best with your wardrobe.

I'm sold on light beige!

Another issue I'm having is whether to choose it in classic flap or PST/GST (not even sure which size best suits me). I'm definitely looking for an everyday bag and am loving the look of the flap over the tote (as it looks more dressy). My only concern is whether the flap will fit a water bottle. Otherwise for versatility sake, ditch the water bottle and go for the flap!

I'm sold on light beige!

Another issue I'm having is whether to choose it in classic flap or PST/GST (not even sure which size best suits me). I'm definitely looking for an everyday bag and am loving the look of the flap over the tote (as it looks more dressy). My only concern is whether the flap will fit a water bottle. Otherwise for versatility sake, ditch the water bottle and go for the flap!

definitely classic flap :tup::tup: too pretty to resist!