Which colour Belle De Jour Clutch?

honeybunch

O.G.
Jan 22, 2007
Hi ladies, I really love the Belle de Jour clutch but haven't got a preference for the colour. Please help me to decide which colour to buy. I know I definitely want the larger size and the colour options are (all patent):
Black, bright blue, navy, dark green or violet.

The green is a dark olive which looks almost black but I'm not sure it would go with much. I would probably get more use out of black but I already have a black patent WOC so when I want a black evening bag I would just reach for my WOC. I love bright coloured clutches (I don't own one yet) but I'm worried I may get sick of it and it wouldn't go with much. I saw a lady one evening wearing a black lace dress which she matched with the gold YSL clutch and that looked stunning but it's perhaps not as edgy as the other colours I listed. I would love to hear from people who own this clutch and which colour they get most use out of.

For reference I wear a lot of black, grey, nude, light pink, silver in the evening, but in the summer months I wear other brighter colours.
TIA.

i have it in camel and love it! if that's not an option, i'd try either navy or bright blue or violet for a pop of color when you go out at night! i also liked the burnt orange....great neutral and the size is ideal

^it doesn't look black against black, and I had a dark rose coloured top on when I tried it and it kind of looked black but slightly off, in contrast. I was tempted by it because it was the last one at the dept store and still at the old price - 70 GBP cheaper than the others. It wasn't as rich as black. If it had been the black I would have snapped it up for that price

I'm just about to buy the medium clutch in metallic gold, if you want yours for the evening I would play safe and buy the black as it will go with everything and is such a classic, I think if you go for a brighter colour you may get sick of it, how about the nude or beige they look lovely also?

^^I think you're right. I just feel bad having more than 1 patent evening bag in black. I've kinda come to the decision that if I'm going to get a dark one then I should get a black one, so navy and dark green are sadly out. Out of the brights I love the purple best. I did consider the nude as there was one on ebay and it looked lovely but it was the medium size. My local department store does not have nude, beige or metallics sadly. I am kicking myself as I tracked down a black patent one for the lower price of £310 and then because I was undecided I let it go and now it's sold out, so I can only get it at the new price of £380!

I have the camel and navy patent and i love the navy (goes with everything black goes with and then some). What would work with your wardrobe and your personality? i love the belle du jour clutches, theyre comfy to hold and you can put a lot in it!

I'm just bumping this thread as it's taken me this long to get a call to say the colours I was interested in are in stock. I came away with the clutch in bright purple and also in a beige/caramel. Now I must decide which one to keep. I'm am absolutely loving the purple - such a stunning shade - but will I get my wear out of it? The beige is obviously more versatile. What does everyone think? Please help me to decide! TIA.

The beige would be more suitable for the colors of your night wardrobe. However, I would go for the purple. The BDJ is a fun versatile and casual clutch, and purple actually complements quite a few colors. It can be a fun accessory to add to your wardrobe. I'd pursue a beige clutch in a more classy design.