Which color to go for?

ilovechamomile

chanel lover
Nov 1, 2011
Hello everyone, I've a huge favor to ask for, I'm planning to purchase a birkin from a reseller. I'm debating if I should put in a request for orange with GHW or the new mangue color in phw. Please help me decide. I can't decide which color I like more. This will be my first birkin, and probably the only one for the next few years, thank you all!

My first H bag was an Orange Kelly with GHW. I always thought it would be hard to co-ordiinate it with outfits. But surprisingly, it matched very well with almost everything I wore and just made the entire outfit stand out more. About 1.5 years after that, I finally got a Black B with GHW. Even though I love it, and it had been one of my dream colors I didn't enjoy it as much as the orange Kelly. To me, I think the Orange, as your first bag for a few years (just like me!) would be the perfect choice! :smile:

I vote for orange with GHW. I like Mangue.. The only turn off is that Mangue is only available in Epsom leather. Im not a big fan of Epsom.
Orange is THE Hermes color.. Go with orange.. And with GHW it'll be :tup::tup::tup:

hmmm... You seem to be wanting something orangey- not necessary the H orange?

I, personally, passed on an H orange bag at my store some time ago. H Orange is a favorite of many and photographs very well (appearing bright and yummy almost tangerine hue) but I will be the one out of thousands of women who will say- to me, IRL. H orange feels almost "washed out" w a tad of grey undertone.

Mangue is very close to sanguine to me, but less of a brick than sanguine, very pastel-like w a lot of "white" base.

Have you seen Potiron? Or Feu? To me, Potiron is the most versatile and elegant orange H has made. Not too bright, not too dark. A pop of color but has more brown undertones. It is the best w Palladium. Maybe you should see a swatch or browse the forum... Plenty of photos of it here. Feu is also nice but not sure if not only done in Chevre as I have a Chevre Kelly in it and I haven't seen it in any other leather. Also a bright orange, realy "fiery" one!

And last but not least- check carlinhas avatar- there is the Capucine. AMAZING. Rich rich orange.But i find it more of a summery bag. I am getting mine soon as well! We will be twins on this one carlinha :P

GL

varvara said:
hmmm... You seem to be wanting something orangey- not necessary the H orange?

I, personally, passed on an H orange bag at my store some time ago. H Orange is a favorite of many and photographs very well (appearing bright and yummy almost tangerine hue) but I will be the one out of thousands of women who will say- to me, IRL. H orange feels almost "washed out" w a tad of grey undertone.

Mangue is very close to sanguine to me, but less of a brick than sanguine, very pastel-like w a lot of "white" base.

Have you seen Potiron? Or Feu? To me, Potiron is the most versatile and elegant orange H has made. Not too bright, not too dark. A pop of color but has more brown undertones. It is the best w Palladium. Maybe you should see a swatch or browse the forum... Plenty of photos of it here. Feu is also nice but not sure if not only done in Chevre as I have a Chevre Kelly in it and I haven't seen it in any other leather. Also a bright orange, realy "fiery" one!

And last but not least- check carlinhas avatar- there is the Capucine. AMAZING. Rich rich orange.But i find it more of a summery bag. I am getting mine soon as well! We will be twins on this one carlinha :P

GL

Varvara gave you a very good input there.. I agree Capucine is a pretty color..

To me, Potiron is the most versatile and elegant orange H has made. Not too bright, not too dark. A pop of color but has more brown undertones. It is the best w Palladium.

ITA about potiron. Saw it IRL for the first time the other evening, and it is absolutely amazing!! Can you still order this or no?