Which color should I choose in these MJ boots?

Which color should I choose?

• GREY GREY GREY! It's what you desired most, so this is it!

• Be smart, go with Black. It's just as pretty and won't get dirty as easy.

Results are only viewable after voting.

jennytalula

–
O.G.
Feb 7, 2008
Hey ladies!
I know I don't post here that often anymore, it's all for the money-saving, I promise! ;)

But now I plan on investing some good money in MBMJ booties that are everything I ever dreamed of: I love the color, the detail on the shaft, and the pyramid heel.

mbmj3.jpg
marcj2167810192_p1_v1_m565775698317.jpg

I initially wanted to go with the grey ones, since I always wished for grey boots. BUT this is suede, and considering it's gonna be fall/winter and wet and dirty outside (rain, snow…), I am not so sure if I'd be better off with the classic black ones. Even the heels are suede, and I don't want to spend all the cash on something that gets dirty real quick.

So…
should I go with the grey ones, my fave color?
or
should I be smart and pick the classy black ones and get more out of them for a longer time?

THANKS!

Oh and one more thing:
Do you think these will run true to size? Usually I have to go half a size up in MBMJ, but shopbop states these run TTS.

Last edited:
You know I have had fantastic luck treating my suede with water-proofer before wearing. I've worn my black suede uggs out in all weather without accruing salt stains. Get what you love and invest in some good silicone sealant!

I voted for grey! I don't live anywhere near snow, but I'm sure there are effective ways you can prevent damage - just like Spacey said. Also, the grey ones are so much better than the black, and I love my black - the lighter color makes the details more apparent, and they're so pretty!

hi, it's good to *see* you!! i voted grey.
i have a few mbmj shoes...flats and heels and i had to go up a half size in all of them, HTH. i love the boots!!

Hey ladies!
I know I don't post here that often anymore, it's all for the money-saving, I promise! ;)

But now I plan on investing some good money in MBMJ booties that are everything I ever dreamed of: I love the color, the detail on the shaft, and the pyramid heel.

mbmj3.jpg
marcj2167810192_p1_v1_m565775698317.jpg

I initially wanted to go with the grey ones, since I always wished for grey boots. BUT this is suede, and considering it's gonna be fall/winter and wet and dirty outside (rain, snow…), I am not so sure if I'd be better off with the classic black ones. Even the heels are suede, and I don't want to spend all the cash on something that gets dirty real quick.

So…
should I go with the grey ones, my fave color?
or
should I be smart and pick the classy black ones and get more out of them for a longer time?

THANKS!

Oh and one more thing:
Do you think these will run true to size? Usually I have to go half a size up in MBMJ, but shopbop states these run TTS.
I'd get those in gray and get a lesser-expensive brand of little black booties. You can find black ones all over, but those gray ones are unique.

The black are more practical but as it's been pointed out, you'll be able to find a similar style in black somewhere else. Luxury is about going for what you love which is the grey!

I would definitely go with the grey -- I love that style and they look so much better in the grey. As for salt and snow, that will actually show up MORE on the black ones than grey - when salt dries and leaves marks on your boots/shoes, it's a lighter color, almost an ashen white/grey, so if that were to happen, it would be LESS obvious on the grey

But you should buy the UGGs water/weather proofing spray - it works wonderfully. I've got several pair of Uggs and none of them are heavily marked and/or stained from snow, water and/or salt. If you don't want to invest in the Uggs spray, you can always get some other brand of water/weather proofing spray -- most major shoe/leather companies make them (Wilsons and Kiwi to name a few)

Wow thanks everyone, that's been so helpful to push me over the edge towards the grey!:P
And good points you all made –*
I can get a cheaper black pair, what a great thought.
iluv, your input is smart as ever – I never thought about that, how true!

Now if only shopbop would carry my size half a size up (it's sold out right now) :Push:

oh and Dawn: I miss you too! :hugs:
I really plan on visiting more often when I'm able to be tempted again. :graucho:

Last edited: