Which color red for a handbag?

lovebags2

O.G.
Oct 12, 2007
Okay ladies, I would like your opinion again. I just purchased a red MK handbag (patent leather) and it came in two types of reds. One was a bright true red and the other was a darker burgundy. I kept going back and forth between both because they are both pretty, but decided on the deeper red/burgundy because I think it would go with a lot more in my wardrobe.

For patent leather and a medium size handbag, which red do you like better? Who knows maybe later if I see the other red on sale again, I'll pick that one up too. LOL

Thanks ladies,

The pictures of the handbag are on Ebay under Michael Kors Chestertown, he made this handbag in two reds, one is a bright cherry red and the other is a burgundy. I think there's pictures of both on the site in case you'd like to see.

I'll let you know what I think when it arrives next week.....

I agree, the deeper color will be more useful. I love red but have noticed the ones I keep are not orangey or light but bluish and deeper toned.

Same here! I have two great red bags, but I've found that I gravitate towards the one that has blue undertones versus the one that is more of a burnt red-orange. They are both great bags - neither is overly bright - but the bluish-purplish red goes with almost everything! :tup: I think you'll get more use from the burgandy bag - but they both sound great.

I think the burgundy is more versatile, but if you want a bag that really pops, go for the true red. The red would be more used in the spring/summer than the burgundy though.

I bought the MK large Chestertown in scarlett:

and returned it last week. I liked the color, but the bag squeaked!
The leather was stiff and tight around the handles, so it made grinding noises when I walked.

I have a Marc by MJacobs black patent Kingpin tote that is soft and doesn't squeak, so I was not comfortable keeping this bag that cost over $200.