Which Color Pique Fleuri Shawl?

Dec 6, 2009
Ladies -

I have a dilemma that many of you surely face from time to time. I decided to get the Pique Fleuri shawl and saw some lovely pictures in this forum of the different color ways. Until I read the threads, I had never put that much thought into picking scarves. Previously, it was colors that I liked or patterns that looked interesting.

For those of you with a lot of experience selecting your shawls, please advise.

I am considering three colors:
black and orange (cw 03)
Rouge/Orange/Turquoise (cw 06)
Canard/Violet/Framboise (cw 12)

I am Asian with relatively fair skin. In looking through my closet, I have a lot of black, purples and blues and am drawn to those colors. I like all three but have to allocate funds to other scarves as well so can only pick one. My first pick is the canard/violet, which seems very nice and feminine. However, I saw the black and thought it might be beautiful in person. Then, I looked through the GM thread, and saw the rouge/orange on a few of you and LOVED it too. I'm just afraid orange might wash me out or make my skin look yellowish (hopefully some of you Asian ladies will know what I mean!). My local Hermes does not have them and would have to do a charge send and will not transfer in all three (even though I can commit to buying one).

So, my question is, which would colorway would you recommend?

carlinha

O.G.
Jul 27, 2008
Ladies -

I have a dilemma that many of you surely face from time to time. I decided to get the Pique Fleuri shawl and saw some lovely pictures in this forum of the different color ways. Until I read the threads, I had never put that much thought into picking scarves. Previously, it was colors that I liked or patterns that looked interesting.

For those of you with a lot of experience selecting your shawls, please advise.

I am considering three colors:
black and orange (cw 03)
Rouge/Orange/Turquoise (cw 06)
Canard/Violet/Framboise (cw 12)

I am Asian with relatively fair skin. In looking through my closet, I have a lot of black, purples and blues and am drawn to those colors. I like all three but have to allocate funds to other scarves as well so can only pick one. My first pick is the canard/violet, which seems very nice and feminine. However, I saw the black and thought it might be beautiful in person. Then, I looked through the GM thread, and saw the rouge/orange on a few of you and LOVED it too. I'm just afraid orange might wash me out or make my skin look yellowish (hopefully some of you Asian ladies will know what I mean!). My local Hermes does not have them and would have to do a charge send and will not transfer in all three (even though I can commit to buying one).

So, my question is, which would colorway would you recommend?

perfumegirl, i am not sure if i missed it, but do you have other shawls and what CWs are they? if you have some similar to the CW12 canard, perhaps it would be nice to add some variety?

CW06 was the winner hands down for me... i am tan asian and the color against my skin was just WOW! it honestly looks better on me than just hanging in the closet...

CW03 is my second choice because it is just classy... black and white with the pops of color

CW12 i THOUGHT i would love... this was my chosen CW before i tried them all on, but for some reason, it just fell a little flat on me... it didn't make my skin glow like CW06 did

if you can try it on, it would be so useful! good luck, and either way, you can't go wrong, they are all amazing!