Which color of the Celine Cabas Phantom tote should I choose?

Huzzah! Definitely share some photos when it arrives! :biggrin:

Here she is! The vanilla color is absolutely beautiful.

However, I think I might be returning her because I don’t think I’m a tote girl at all. I thought I wanted a big ol’ bag that I can throw everything in. But she gets so heavy! Which of course, any bag would be with 2 big books, 2 note books & a water bottle. I just think it’s ultimately not my style.

I’m thinking of exchanging her for the nano belt in the new Calendula color.

The bag is half-empty in these mod shots. Also, I’m 4’10” for sizing reference.
28256820-8785-418A-B50C-C0A7E8F904D7.jpeg
EC1A6D6C-F7B6-45E2-8D43-4B454463F6DC.jpeg
FB427CA3-8DF5-4354-AC53-D29BF119B141.jpeg
9D503824-AC22-4485-8190-754C72153A09.jpeg

Last edited:

However, I think I might be returning her because I don’t think I’m a tote girl at all. I thought I wanted a big ol’ bag that I can throw everything in. But she gets so heavy! Which of course, any bag would be with 2 big books, 2 note books & a water bottle. I just think it’s ultimately not my style.

View attachment 4873806
View attachment 4873808
View attachment 4873809
View attachment 4873810

I also have the nano belt bag - it is awesome, but it fits a lot less so it depends on what you plan on using the bag for. The nano fits a wallet, phone, small water bottle and maybe a couple other small items. It’s a great bag, but on certain days where I need to carry a laptop or papers for work, I use my cabas.

Reactions: eunaddict

View attachment 4873806
View attachment 4873808
View attachment 4873809
View attachment 4873810
The vanilla is so elegant with your black outfit! but understand if you don't like totes in general another option may be better

If you've already used it, might I suggest resellers instead of a return? No one really wants a bag "fresh" from the store that's already been carried out and about.

That said, I think the bag looks lovely on you and the color really stands out, it's so beautifully smooshy (:nuts:) and such a great work horse. The Cabas also serves a completely different role than the Nano belt, and definitely wouldn't fit big books, notebooks and a water bottle! Definitely suggest trying the Nano Belt out in store first before purchasing, as it's got quite a long strap (albeit somewhat adjustable)!

I feel you - I waffled on size for a long time. I ultimately chose medium, because I'd rather have more room than less, and the Baggu duck bag I was using before is about the same length (~14in / 35cm long). I tried folding the last 2 inches off to simulate the small Cabas, and found I didn't like the look and feel of that length as much.

I was a little worried whether the medium's width would look overwhelming on me, but it doesn't at all! It looks great when it's cinched as well - more like a bucket bag. I'll take some mod shots for you in a bit.

I tied my straps like this so that it would be always cinched as I don’t like it too wide on me

A0472C8D-FD34-4135-81B3-76BFCB86AF7C.jpeg