Which color Mini Nikki...

Baily77

May 18, 2008
Hi -

I really want a mini nikki & i just saw Luna Boston has some of the new Fall colors. I got the cloud grey MAM about a month ago.
So which color mini should i get...i'm trying to decide between the deep red, forest or navy luxe.

i want something i that i can wear w/ both black and brown...i'll be using it for work (i work in ad sales) as well as for weekends.

http://www.lunaboston.com/ProductInfo/Rebecca Minkoff/19683.aspx navy luxe

http://www.lunaboston.com/ProductInfo/Rebecca Minkoff/19681.aspx deep red

http://www.lunaboston.com/ProductInfo/Rebecca Minkoff/19682.aspx forest - but it looks black :confused1:

any input is appricated. Thank you!

I got the navy luxe nikki and while it isn't blue/black navy the color is stunning and the leather is super soft. the forest color looks nice too, but the sheen on the navy luxe makes it extra special IMO.

I like the navy luxe in the pictures and like the deep red an awful lot! Either of those depending on your wardrobe. I always like red bags but I am just not a red bag girl!

i like all of those! i just got the Navy Luxe and it is T.D.F. seriously. now i'm planning which one to get next.......red or green?? i like both!
for your job and wardrobe i would say any of the choices would work. which color are you most drawn to?

at first i had my heart set on the deep red...then I saw the other colors like the navy luxe and now I'm second guessing my mini nikki purchase - ugh!

has anyone seen the deep red color in person? I'm just worried it may be too bright of a red...based on what I've seen on-line.

thanks again :smile:

nolarice - I really like your bag collection, by the way.

Last edited:
thanks baily. i haven't seen the deep red in person and i am concerned about the brightness too. i've never had a red bag and wonder if i will like it.
and like you said, the forest looks really dark---but so does the NL in the LB pics (and it's not dark IRL), so maybe it won't be so dark IRL??
oh, the deep red says limited quantities! as far as i know LB is the only online store w/ the forest and deep red.

i vote for the deep red first, and then the navy. if you want something that goes with black and brown, IMO the forest is just too dark for both and will blend in a bit too much. i also don't see that color lending itself well to year-round wear (and i am definitely not one of those "no white after labor day" people, trust me!)

it depends on what you want your bag to do: do you want a pop of color for your work clothes, or something that's equally as pretty but a bit more subtle? the deep red's about a pop of color, the navy's more subtle. if you wear jeans or casual clothing a lot you also might want to take into account how the deep red or navy will look against denim, khakis, etc.

both colors can work as a neutral. in fact, red IS a neutral...for me, at least. ;)

HTH! Please keep us posted as to what you decide!

Thanks for the advice Loquita...definetly gives me something to consider in my choice.

I do like the deep red b/c it the color does pop against clothing. However, I'm having a hard time picturing it with my casual outfits. I wish the red were just a tad deeper. But I'm still deciding...

The navy luxe is growing on me but do you feel the color is too trendy?

^Nope. I actually think of navy as one of the least trendy colors out there -- it's a classic, right up there with brown and black in my book. Have you considered looking into the wine mini Nikki special order, if a deeper red is what you are looking for? (What a bag!) There's a recent thread on this, and it looks like it's going to happen. The downsides: you will likely have to wait a while to get a bag; no returns and paying up front; dealing with RM.com.

Otherwise, I would go for the navy...I clearly sense that this is what you are leaning towards! ;)

PS: Where are you in Ohio? I went to H.S. there (near Toledo)...

They all really nice!!! I love them all. Ha ha..

But as you already said, you have a cloud grey which i think is a very nice and low key colour. So If i were you, i'd go for the red one to suit black and brown better. Although, the green isn't a bad choice either But i think you should have a bright colour now to balance with your grey.

Love all the colour anyways!:smile:

Hi -

I really want a mini nikki & i just saw Luna Boston has some of the new Fall colors. I got the cloud grey MAM about a month ago.
So which color mini should i get...i'm trying to decide between the deep red, forest or navy luxe.

i want something i that i can wear w/ both black and brown...i'll be using it for work (i work in ad sales) as well as for weekends.

http://www.lunaboston.com/ProductInfo/Rebecca Minkoff/19683.aspx navy luxe

http://www.lunaboston.com/ProductInfo/Rebecca Minkoff/19681.aspx deep red

http://www.lunaboston.com/ProductInfo/Rebecca Minkoff/19682.aspx forest - but it looks black :confused1:

any input is appricated. Thank you!

I think you will find the red is bit brighter, But it's such an viberant colour. It might take a while to get use to it. But i think that colour will be in all the time.

Love the navy too, thinking about getting a MAB or MAM with that colour. But personally i think Navy is too dark for black or brown. But maybe just me;)

Thanks for the advice Loquita...definetly gives me something to consider in my choice.

I do like the deep red b/c it the color does pop against clothing. However, I'm having a hard time picturing it with my casual outfits. I wish the red were just a tad deeper. But I'm still deciding...

The navy luxe is growing on me but do you feel the color is too trendy?

Thanks all for your input so far. I may look into the wine mini nikki. I really want a mini nikki but i don't want to just settle on a color, you know. Since there are no returns for a special order, I'm a tad hesitant since i've never seen a mini nikki in real life, I'm sure I'll like it, I've done a lot of research and looked at the threads on them, but there's always that what if...I was looking on luna boston again and i actually like the dark brown - oh no - more choices!

Loquita - I in the suburbs in the south west side of Cleveland. Lived here all my life but relocating to Los Angeles in mid-September. It will be a change, that's for sure.

If you ended up placing a special order and not liking it there's always ebay :idea: I think you should get a mini nikki in wine if that's possible and my second vote is for the NL the navy color looks gorgeous!!!