Which color is most likely to stay stain free? Bilberry, Navy, Charcoal or Black?

Bebebliss

Feb 24, 2012
Love Longchamp Le Pliage SO much I want to get my mom a bag she can use for the gym.... in nylon. But knowing my mom and how she treats bags, I want her to be able to enjoy it for some time before it gets stained or dirty looking! I know, I know!

Would you buy a Navy, Bilberry, Black or Charcoal? I want to get her the matching pouches so I would also get that color and hope it would not stain inside her bag.

Thanks so much for your help!!! ;):smile::smile:

Would you buy a Navy, Bilberry, Black or Charcoal? I want to get her the matching pouches so I would also get that color and hope it would not stain inside her bag.

I say Bilberry! It is purple but it is so dark that it is easy to match with literally anything. I have it in a backpack, large cosmetic pouch (discontinued) and large travel tote. It is my favourite LP shade. The lining of all the colors you had mentioned above is black so stains should stay off. One thought came to mind though, as the lining is black, will it be better to get a brighter color for the cosmetic pouch so that it is easy to spot within the bag? This season's Cedar (rich hunter green), Fig (purplish burgundy) and Red Garance (a true vibrant red) are lovely!

Last edited:
Love Longchamp Le Pliage SO much I want to get my mom a bag she can use for the gym.... in nylon. But knowing my mom and how she treats bags, I want her to be able to enjoy it for some time before it gets stained or dirty looking! I know, I know!

Thanks so much for your help!!! ;):smile::smile:

I say Bilberry! It is purple but it is so dark that it is easy to match with literally anything. I have it in a backpack, large cosmetic pouch (discontinued) and large travel tote. It is my favourite LP shade. The lining of all the colors you had mentioned above is black so stains should stay off. One thought came to mind though, as the lining is black, will it be better to get a brighter color so that it is easier to spot within the bag? This season's Cedar (rich hunter green), Fig (purplish burgundy) and Red Garance (a true vibrant red) are lovely!

I agree with Bilberry! But I might be a bit partial since I don't have the other colours mentioned. I haven't been able to find any stains or discolouring on my Bilberry but then again it is so dark that such markings are simply not visible.

I do have Cedar and Red Garance and although especially the latter is easy to stain, both colours are lovely!

I'd say go with the Black. I am a massive fan of LP Black Nylon bags though with SSH, SLH, LLH and a black coin pouch too. I have a Navy Miaou and I can see it's not as dark as Black

I own Bilberry Black and Navy LLH lepliage and I agree that Bilberry fits the bill for your mom's needs followed by Black. Navy seems the lightest and most prone to show wear. Hope this helps.

I have navy, bilberry, black…all good colors and I haven't had any problems with stains. I agree with the idea to get contrasting colors for pouches

I say Bilberry! It is purple but it is so dark that it is easy to match with literally anything. I have it in a backpack, large cosmetic pouch (discontinued) and large travel tote. It is my favourite LP shade. The lining of all the colors you had mentioned above is black so stains should stay off. One thought came to mind though, as the lining is black, will it be better to get a brighter color for the cosmetic pouch so that it is easy to spot within the bag? This season's Cedar (rich hunter green), Fig (purplish burgundy) and Red Garance (a true vibrant red) are lovely!

Thanks so much frenziedhandbag! I do love Bilberry! It has such a pretty understated elegance! What a good idea to get brighter colors for the pouches inside. THANK YOU!!! So brilliant!!!:biggrin:

I agree with Bilberry! But I might be a bit partial since I don't have the other colours mentioned. I haven't been able to find any stains or discolouring on my Bilberry but then again it is so dark that such markings are simply not visible.

I do have Cedar and Red Garance and although especially the latter is easy to stain, both colours are lovely!

Wow, you probably have a very nice collection! I LOVE red and the Cedar sounds so nice as well - but I know my mom and she would make that pretty bag look terrible very quickly! :roflmfao:

Bilberry would be my first choice navy second. Both colors are rich and dark enough to not have to worry about stains and are very neutral and will go with everything colorwise. Black is safe but I feel a bit boring imo. Charcoal is more of a medium gray in my book and the most likely to show dirt/wear & tear out of the colors you listed. I also feel like it's a bland/boring gray.