Which color is more neutral?

hollieplus2

Jul 3, 2011
Looking at crossbody bags to wear on vacation. I need a bag to match both brown and black shoes. Would you go with cement or faded aluminum?

boundary

O.G.
Aug 3, 2010
Cement is more neutral, I'd say. I love the faded aluminum color, but I don't think it would go well with brown.

ScottyGal

Jul 28, 2014
I think Cement would go well with both brown and black, whereas faded aluminum won't be as nice with brown shoes

hollieplus2

Jul 3, 2011
Thanks, it's for casual day wear and I'll be wearing both black and dark brown sandals so I want a color that would go with everything. Also looking at the electric blue or maybe even just a fun color and wear neutrals.

ScottyGal

Jul 28, 2014
Sometimes a fun colour is great with whites/neutrals to brighten it up - I have a bright pink satchel (by The Cambridge Satchel Company) and it looks great with a 'plain' outfit to give it a nice edge :smile:

hollieplus2

Jul 3, 2011
Yea I usually wear lots of color so typically stick to neutral bags. But this one is for vacations/outings and isn't terribly expensive so maybe I'll grab a bright color. It won't be an everyday bag. I like the blue since it has silver hardware but the red and hot pink look nice too. Thanks for the opinions!!!