Which color for the most beautiful Brown Birkin combination?

Martha talked about the bag on her show a couple years ago and she said it's porc and she paid $1000 for it new. She bought it around the end of the 60's or early 70's.

Last edited:
can´t be because no birkins in that time :P probably she does not remember when she bought it or what it exactly is. i agree on havane as color

Well, anyway she said she paid $1000 for it new. Unless she didn't want to say the actual price since it was right after she did her time in prison and was criticized for carrying it to court.

I second Perlerare's "diagnosis" of Havanne courcheval. I owned a bag from the mid 90's in courcheval leather, and another from the same period in the Havanne color. The Havanne is a medium brown with very warm undertones.

I also should say I enjoyed my courcheval bag, but over time it developed a couple of scratches that could never be repaired due to the nature of the pressed leather.

I still have a bag in Ardennes leather from that period, and it looks like a baby!

Martha's bag, again, is courcheval, havanne.

I also recall Martha saying her bag was "Porc", I was really surprised as the manager of the local H store said she regretted buying a "Porc" for her only Birkin as it wasn't a durable leather.

I second Perlerare's "diagnosis" of Havanne courcheval. I owned a bag from the mid 90's in courcheval leather, and another from the same period in the Havanne color. The Havanne is a medium brown with very warm undertones.

I also should say I enjoyed my courcheval bag, but over time it developed a couple of scratches that could never be repaired due to the nature of the pressed leather.

I still have a bag in Ardennes leather from that period, and it looks like a baby!

Martha's bag, again, is courcheval, havanne.

I agree with Perlerare and Perigord: I've had both Courchevel and Ardennes havanne and this bag is Courchevel Havanne.

Slightly off topic, notice in the photo she's also carrying what appears to be an Amazonia Garden Party.

attachment.php

ITA that the colour is Havanne....... Here is a comparison of my box kelly in Havanne to help. I actually love the cognac/gold combo for a brown Birkin. Havanne had reddy undertones, Ebene is like dark chocolate HTH :smile:

Attachments

• DSCF0927.JPG
    DSCF0927.JPG
    126.5 KB · Views: 254
texasgirliegirl, if you are very protective of your birkin right now why not consider a beautiful birkin you are not afraid to really use? A birkin should not be protected in a box. :smile:

Why don't you consider fjord for your leather? A beautiful combination is marron fonce with gold hw...very deep and rich...velvety. It really can work well in a wardrobe all around. The gold just makes it pop and look elegant. It is just a thought!

I'm a bit biased but I'm utterly head over heels in love with Cocoan. It has the most delicious red tones in it.

Your best bet is to go in person and see what sings out to you (in French, of course).

QUOTE=Kellybag;16595748]texasgirliegirl, if you are very protective of your birkin right now why not consider a beautiful birkin you are not afraid to really use? A birkin should not be protected in a box. :smile:

Why don't you consider fjord for your leather? A beautiful combination is marron fonce with gold hw...very deep and rich...velvety. It really can work well in a wardrobe all around. The gold just makes it pop and look elegant. It is just a thought![/QUOTE]

This sounds like a beautiful combination. A few years ago I was encouraged to put something on my wish list. I needed a brown bag...my SA suggested the chocolate togo. The bag came in. Well, I was expecting rays of sunshine to shoot straight out of the box (I suppose) but I just did not have an emotional response to this bag. The chocolate togo didn't look as rich as I had expected. It is a nice option and I am still considering it but I just really want to loooove the bag...