Which Color for my Large Single and my Hillier Hobo

vanbruntsa

purses/shoes/bling!
O.G.
Feb 16, 2008
Hi there! I am looking at 2 bags to purchase:

1-Large Single in either Black, Nude or Gray (are these even available in gray-if so where?) I really really want a gray one!

1-Hillier Hobo in either Black or Dirty Martini

I like neutral colors and was hoping to get some opinions on which colors are best for these 2 bags.

Btw-my current bag collection is as follows:

1-LV Neverfull Mono GM (my travel/tote bag for when I need to carry a lot)
1-LV damier speedy 30 (my everyday/goto handbag)
1-Prada Black Saffiano Bag (I use this for work only)

Thanks. ;)

Attachments

• 0470817060014R_CBLACK_300x400.jpg
    0470817060014R_CBLACK_300x400.jpg
    12.3 KB · Views: 102
  • 0470817060014R_CPINK_300x400.jpg
    0470817060014R_CPINK_300x400.jpg
    13 KB · Views: 101
  • LSingle014.jpg
    LSingle014.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 101
  • 0409363826386R_CBLACK_300x400.jpg
    0409363826386R_CBLACK_300x400.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 120
  • 0409363826386R_300x400.jpg
    0409363826386R_300x400.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 119
Last edited:
The pics you posted on large singles are last season's fall colors.

This season's singles come in Black, Grey or Dark Grey, Pink (Fuschia), Navy...I might miss other colors

This season has XL single (slightly large than Large Single) as well, that comes in regular quilting and lacquered quilting

Regular Quilting XL single comes in black, dark grey, and navy
Lacquered Quilting XL single comes in black, dark grey, and bordeaux

This season's grey is certainly very light colored, not true grey IMO. I prefer the dark grey for sure....You can go to SAKS website and see a eugine clutch in Grey (which I think looks more like taupe/ beige)?

Hey VB! Nice to see you in the MJ forum :hugs: I have both of these bags in question, and I vote for the Single in Black OR Grey, then Beige, and the Hillier in Black w/gold HW!

If your wardrobe consists of jewel-tones, black, white, or grey, then the Grey Large Single would be a good choice (if you're looking to an alternative to black). I do like the look of the beige, but I think it will go better with warmer colors, but that's IMHO.

As for the Hillier and Black vs. Dirty Martini, the Black, hands DOWN. I have it and LOVE IT to pieces -- maybe I was even wearing it the day I met with you? Anyhoo, it is my go-to-bag and I cannot sing enough of its praises! HTH!

Hey VB! Nice to see you in the MJ forum :hugs: I have both of these bags in question, and I vote for the Single in Black OR Grey, then Beige, and the Hillier in Black w/gold HW!

If your wardrobe consists of jewel-tones, black, white, or grey, then the Grey Large Single would be a good choice (if you're looking to an alternative to black). I do like the look of the beige, but I think it will go better with warmer colors, but that's IMHO.

As for the Hillier and Black vs. Dirty Martini, the Black, hands DOWN. I have it and LOVE IT to pieces -- maybe I was even wearing it the day I met with you? Anyhoo, it is my go-to-bag and I cannot sing enough of its praises! HTH!

Hi Nekostar! This will be my first MJ purchase. I'm so excited :smile:

I love these 2 bags and I am looking to branch out a bit ;)

Oh now I wished I would have remembered your bag that day. I bet it is lovely!!!

Thanks for this advice. I am def leaning towards the black Hillier. Just only wishing I could find a grey large Single...

The pics you posted on large singles are last season's fall colors.

This season's singles come in Black, Grey or Dark Grey, Pink (Fuschia), Navy...I might miss other colors

This season has XL single (slightly large than Large Single) as well, that comes in regular quilting and lacquered quilting

Regular Quilting XL single comes in black, dark grey, and navy
Lacquered Quilting XL single comes in black, dark grey, and bordeaux

This season's grey is certainly very light colored, not true grey IMO. I prefer the dark grey for sure....You can go to SAKS website and see a eugine clutch in Grey (which I think looks more like taupe/ beige)?

Oh forgive me-I thought they were from this season. I am an MJ newbie.

I looked at the Eugine wallet and that grey is too light for me and def more taupe. Wonder what the dark grey looks like...hmmm...

***********Update************

Well, after thinking about it I ordered the Beige Single and the Black Hillier from Saks :yahoo:

I will be receiving them in about a week. I'm so excited!

I picked the beige single bc I think I will get more use out it since it is neutral. I really like the black Hillier-I can't wait to use this bag!

Attachments

• 0470817060014R_CPINK_300x400.jpg
    0470817060014R_CPINK_300x400.jpg
    13 KB · Views: 80
  • 0409363826386R_CBLACK_300x400.jpg
    0409363826386R_CBLACK_300x400.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 70
Last edited: