Which color for my first Evelyne GM?

Aug 13, 2013
Hello all!

I have made up my mind to purchase an Evelyne for my birthday this year, but I'm so undecided about the color. I am naturally drawn to neutrals in purses and my wardrobe but I am leaning towards a pop of color this time because gris tourterelle and etoupe are already in my collection -- but the thing is, I really want to use the Evelyne with a maxi twilly or 90cm scarf and I'm not sure if that would be too loud with a bright Evelyne. I feel like the scarves/twillys would look better paired with a more neutral bag? What do you all think? I will purchase new or used, so feel free to recommend any past season colors!

Here's what I've narrowed down the colors to:

-Orange (signature Hermes color and yet I don't see this color Evelyne very often)
-Blue hydra or some other bright blue (so striking, but will I tire of it?)
-Some sort of purple (I don't like anemone which is on the site now, but is there a more muted purple?)
-I'm trying not to, but if I had to choose a neutral, it would be either gold or graphite

Thanks! :biggrin:

Thanks for your replies!

Wow, so many votes for gold. Gold does look good with a twilly and I guess I never thought of it as both a neutral and a pop of color.
I own two other (non-Hermes) bags that aren't a neutral color and come to think of it, I don't really wear them as much. Perhaps I just want to think of myself as that person who will wear big bright bags, when in reality that's just not my style :P

Heavily leaning towards gold now...

Reactions: papertiger
I think Gold looks so good with jeans
Yes it does. I keep seeing that photo of Alessandra Ambrosio with her gold Evelyne and it looks divine. I don't wear jeans but I still love it with light colors too:

ambrosio_css_121113_l.jpg

Reactions: papertiger
Just want to enable you a little and reconsider Blue Hydra... mine is PM since its fits my 5'7 better. The second pic is using 90cm silk scarve as strap.

View attachment 3617678 View attachment 3617680
Oh my that's so pretty...I really want wear my Evelyne with the scarf like that. Did you just fold the scarf to make it into one long strip, feed it through the metal opening, and then twist it?

Now I don't know what I want. I may just end up with more than one :confused1: ;)

Oh my that's so pretty...I really want wear my Evelyne with the scarf like that. Did you just fold the scarf to make it into one long strip, feed it through the metal opening, and then twist it?

Now I don't know what I want. I may just end up with more than one :confused1: ;)

Yup, that's exactly how I did the strap. I learned this from one of the thread on here and have been carrying the bag that way ever since! So light and comfy!
And btw, this was my first ever H bag and my heart still skip a beat whenever I use it :smile:
Good luck on deciding!

Seccreniche,

I see a lot of Evelyns out and about in Seoul. The design is very minimalist and looks great in pop colour! And pop colours look even greater with twillies, imho! Not loud at all, very courageously classy!

To be honest I would not recommend gold. First reason, H does colour so spectacularly, looking different in every light and angle, so deep and vibrant, really unique. But brown/tan colours are very common among many other brands. Especially considering you have a few neutrals already, I would go for a pop colour, it will brighten your closet, give you variety and you will have a colour H in your collection!

Second reason, this bag is a design based on a stable bag, and in brown it has a very country/equestrian feel. If you love that, and that is your style, go for it, but gold is very often listed as a 'colour regret' so be careful. I personally found gold does not go with my style at all.
As you can see in the pic you posted of A. Ambrosio

She is wearing cowboy-style suede boots - it totally fits into her look. Consider if it would fit with your personal style.

Orange can look gorgeous with an all-neutral wardrobe.
If you are still worried dipping your toe into the brights pool, then go with Hydra, as it is basically a darker - albeit bright - blue, so easy to style with almost anything.

Good luck with your decision, looking forward to a reveal when you take your pick!

Reactions: grapegravity