Which Coach store in San Francisco...

OMG3kids

Lives with a circus
Apr 10, 2011
is bigger/better?
I know there's one on Post, one in Union Square, Stanford Shopping Center, etc. You can't swing your arms around in SF without hitting a Coach store. :P

But my friend and I will be in SF (girls-only roadtrip!!) for the weekend of June 11, and I'm wondering which is your favorite Coach store in the area. We will be in the city for the Picasso exhibit at the DeYoung and then are considering heading to Palo Alto to eat/shop at Stanford Shopping Center (I like that this mall is outdoors) but I am really looking for the best Coach store in the area. :cool:

So, which store is your fave and why? Awesome SA, great selection, easy parking...all are factors!! :biggrin:

Oh, and of course we are hitting the Vacaville outlets for a quick peek on our our way to SF. I just hope we can get our tickets to the Picasso exhibit for late afternoon so we have enough time. :graucho:

I like the Post St. SF store, because it has two levels. The lower level has shoes and men's items. The upper level has a section for Poppy items and new season items. Their service is excellent. The Market St./Westfield mall store is pretty small and the service is not good. HTH.

I like the Post St. SF store, because it has two levels. The lower level has shoes and men's items. The upper level has a section for Poppy items and new season items. Their service is excellent. The Market St./Westfield mall store is pretty small and the service is not good. HTH.

I agree. The Post street store is the true flagship store in SF--which means that they feature limited edition items that the mall Coach stores in SF (in Westfield on Market, or in the Stonestown mall on the west side of the city) don't carry. So, even though Stonestown is more convenient for me in terms of my live/work routes, when an new floor set comes out, I hop on the bus and head downtown to the Post street Coach, where I can see and admire beauties like the Woven Sage Kristin. I first saw the Pearl Gray Gathered Sophia at Post and couldn't get her out of my head, so two months later I ordered her through Stonestown for PCE. As for SAs, the ones I have met at the Post store really do appreciate talking to Coachies like us who know all the varieties of purses available each season. Going to the Post store sometimes feels to me like going to a Coach museum!

The only potential problem with going to the Post store is parking, of course. But there are several centrally located parking garages around Union Square (the best one IMHO is the Sutter Stockton garage: more spaces and better rates that the one under Union Square).

I can't help you with the hotel question, especially if you're interested in staying downtown. But, if you go the to De Young show, you should take some time to wander in GG Park. The arboretum and the rhododendron gardens are gorgeous this time of year!

I like the Post Street store the best for selection, but I love the Stanford shopping center one for the atmosphere!
Where are you planning to stay? In SF? How much are you willing to spend for a hotel?

I agree. The Post street store is the true flagship store in SF--which means that they feature limited edition items that the mall Coach stores in SF (in Westfield on Market, or in the Stonestown mall on the west side of the city) don't carry. So, even though Stonestown is more convenient for me in terms of my live/work routes, when an new floor set comes out, I hop on the bus and head downtown to the Post street Coach, where I can see and admire beauties like the Woven Sage Kristin. I first saw the Pearl Gray Gathered Sophia at Post and couldn't get her out of my head, so two months later I ordered her through Stonestown for PCE. As for SAs, the ones I have met at the Post store really do appreciate talking to Coachies like us who know all the varieties of purses available each season. Going to the Post store sometimes feels to me like going to a Coach museum!

The only potential problem with going to the Post store is parking, of course. But there are several centrally located parking garages around Union Square (the best one IMHO is the Sutter Stockton garage: more spaces and better rates that the one under Union Square).

I can't help you with the hotel question, especially if you're interested in staying downtown. But, if you go the to De Young show, you should take some time to wander in GG Park. The arboretum and the rhododendron gardens are gorgeous this time of year!

We will definitely make time to wander around GGP a bit. ;) Haven't been there for about a year. I even downloaded the Golden Gate Park app. * geek alert! * :lol:
Thanks for the parking suggestions. Parking is my biggest concern for this trip, since it IS San Francisco!! We will probably end up staying in the San Mateo, though, due to hotel costs. (About half what a night in SF itself would cost) I used to live in Foster City and know that area fairly well.
Sounds like we will be paying a visit to the Post St. Coach store. Love the word "Flagship!" Makes me tingly! :love:

OP, I hope you will report back after your trip to San Francisco, as we will be visiting in August and I would love to hear your thoughts and input on the stores! Have a great time!

Oh I will give a full report. :smile: I think we are going to make it a day trip. But I will for sure be going to Post St--to use my $100 off $300 purchase card I just got in the mail!
We are skipping the hotel, because we both have a lot of travel coming up this summer, plus I have 3 kids to get back to. But SF is so close, it's an easy day trip. :biggrin:
I'm excited to go! Even a day trip is appealing to this stay-at-home mom!! ;)