Which classic box????

Bijouxlady

O.G.
Aug 3, 2007
I could use some "professional" input!! I have bought 3 box bags in the past year.....black, camel & red.....I have returned all 3. Fear of scratching got the best of me. BUT....I absolutely LOVE this little bag!! I know the price is just going to keep going UP & UP & UP so I figure if I'm going to take the leap, it best be NOW! So here's my question....if you could only get one classic BOX would you get the HIBISCUS or a NEUTRAL?? I always seem to take the safe route with a neutral. Sometimes I just would like to venture outside the BOX....no pun intended! The other colors available are: LIPSTICK, TRUE RED, NAVY, LAGOON, CORAL, FOREST, CAMEL, BEIGE, STONE GRAY & BLACK. FYI....I LOVE THE HIBISCUS :love:

The best thing to do would be to try on a few different colours in the store. Are you able to do this?

Failing that, I'd go for the hibiscus as it is likely to be harder to get your hands on. Try it at home, and if it just seems like too much, return it and opt for one of the other colours.

Unfortunately, I can't try them on. I think I'm going to do what you suggested. Buy the Hibiscus and if I don't like IRL, I can return and get another color which will probably be the True Red since it's a good all year color. I can already visualize that Hibiscus with spring & summer wear!

^^just what I'm doing:smile:

I feel your "pain", it's a tough decision. I've seen you on the H forum..... what has helped me is to think what balances out the h collection and what color I wouldn't (or can't) buy from them. Does that make sense? I don't think I would wear the Celine if I have a Kelly that serves the same color purpose.

I have tried all of the colors you've mentioned above and ruled them out for various reasons but that doesn't mean one won't work for you. I think what's coming is promising....the pre fall grey with silver hardware and whatever the fall colors will be, you'll see in a few weeks after fashion week ends.

Another thing to think about with the scratch issue is what colors look better with age. That's the struggle I have with hibiscus is that I'm afraid with scratches it's going to look beat up instead of having patina. Red, camel and black, all age well as does the previous season's khaki and thalassa blue.

I hope these thoughts help you and don't confuse you further. It seems like we are having the same issue so I just thought I'd mention what I'm obsessing over:smile:

^^ These are good points! Very sensible and well reasoned. I agree with all.

I do think that you should at least try the hibiscus at home, since you love it so much. I find that I usually need to do that, in order to lay something to rest (if that makes sense). Once you've really tried it with your clothes and experienced wearing it, I think you'll really start to get a better sense.

Incidentally, because the colour isn't overly pink, I think it could still work with winter outfits/coats.

If you love the hibiscus, try it! How wonderful to have a bag you love in such a special color.

If the color doesn't work for you in real life, you can't go wrong with a solid neutral or classic red.

^^just what I'm doing:smile:

I feel your "pain", it's a tough decision. I've seen you on the H forum..... what has helped me is to think what balances out the h collection and what color I wouldn't (or can't) buy from them. Does that make sense? I don't think I would wear the Celine if I have a Kelly that serves the same color purpose.

I have tried all of the colors you've mentioned above and ruled them out for various reasons but that doesn't mean one won't work for you. I think what's coming is promising....the pre fall grey with silver hardware and whatever the fall colors will be, you'll see in a few weeks after fashion week ends.

Another thing to think about with the scratch issue is what colors look better with age. That's the struggle I have with hibiscus is that I'm afraid with scratches it's going to look beat up instead of having patina. Red, camel and black, all age well as does the previous season's khaki and thalassa blue.

I hope these thoughts help you and don't confuse you further. It seems like we are having the same issue so I just thought I'd mention what I'm obsessing over:smile:
The reason I am wanting the Box is because the H Constance is just too expensive IMHO. I love the look of it though. One of the colors my SA said was available is Stone Grey....is that the grey you are referring to? I wonder if it's a dark or light grey? How it will wear is also a concern for me. It's hard to imagine what the Hibiscus will look like with a patina. One way or another, I WILL have a Celine Classic Box in my hands! I don't want to wait too long though cause the price keeps going UPPPPPP! :pout: Let me know what you decide & I'll do the same! :biggrin:

If I can only have 1 box, I'll personally pick a red one as i can use it for all seasons and a pop color goes so well with the box design. The hibiscus may do the same if it matches with your outfits. For the scratch marks, another way is to consider other leather rather than smooth. I have 2 python Box and I never worry about this aspect.

One of the colors my SA said was available is Stone Grey....is that the grey you are referring to? I wonder if it's a dark or light grey? How it will wear is also a concern for me. :biggrin:
I tried the stone grey in the shop, it looks fabulous, but not summery since it's not a color that pops, but another "neutral". Think of anthracite light grey stone. A real stone, that is :smile:

My HIBISCUS BOX arrived tonight and may I just say WOWZA, VAVAVOOM, MAMA MIA & OOOOH LALA!! I am totally feeling this one! I think I can say with 10000000% certainty that this one is a KEEPER!!! :heart::love::cloud9:Now I'm thinking I might need one more before the price goes to the moon! I'm thinking maybe RED or BLACK.....any suggestions??