Which classic bag?

rachiem

O.G.
Sep 7, 2007
Sussex
Well...I'd had my pink Ostrich bag for 26 days and I hadn't used it.
I decided to return it as although I loved it, I couldn't see myself getting value for money out of it...I just seemed too scared to use it.
I really want a bag where I'll use and use it without worry.
That probably discounts an Oak Bays...
I'm after a classic...so what about a choc Bays or something similar.
I never really fancied a black bag but the girl at work has a black Bays and it does look great.
I was a bit worried about the weight but feel I want something a bit more substantial (if that makes sense..and my back is quite a bit better now)
Love my Mabels but the straps drive me mad..
Any thoughts or ideas
Most my bags are quite colourful but I would like a keeper thats also a classic colour

ratrat

Ratatat!
Sep 12, 2008
Sorry about Ostrich - but I'm sure that's right decision for you.

Oak Alexa??... It will become classic iykwim.... well just a thought!!

hulahoop

Hula O'Hoop
O.G.
Mar 21, 2007
UK
what about a black patent bays? classic colour and style, but a bit lighter than darwin or nvt....

rachiem

O.G.
Sep 7, 2007
Sussex
i've never been too keen on patent as I'd worry about marks...
I had an Indigo EW which I stupidly let go of to fund a magenta Hanover.
I fancy Oak but worry about rain marks but does the Buffalo Oak on Alexa rainmark?
I must admit the price of the Alexa puts me off..I think that's why my ink one went back
I do like the printed Bays too...
I've had 4 Bays..red, Marine, Oak and lilac but never managed to find that one bag I wanted to keep.
Do you think there are people (like me) who just wont ever find THE bag?? I've used both my head and heart...and I'm still looking..

nat_79

Jul 12, 2008
Manchester, UK
Depends on what I am wearing to be honest, my black one is Darwin so is very grainy and thick which I love, the choc is more 'earthy' if you get me!! and the grain on mine is more flat so do prefer the Black one. I am also lusting after Oak Bays but have had one in the past and sold it beause I was so precious over it. Literally would check the weather forecast before using it. Have been considering getting another one but will I be too scared to use it........most likely!!!

rachiem

O.G.
Sep 7, 2007
Sussex
I know what you mean, I can't be mothering bags anymore! My oak Bays used to carry a spare carrier in it in case it rained
Def thinking of choc or black bays...I love bright accessories, so the black might look nice with a red pillar box or bus charm etc

RascalCat

Supernatural Addict
Apr 5, 2008
Scotland
i used to have a black antique glace bays and she was gorgeous!! obviously not on sale any more but they do pop up once in a while. might be a bit more durable than the patent for you?