Which city should I visit?

Unless you really have to go, I would rule out Houston. And I'm from Texas, BTW. It's not a nice city, but it has nice areas outside the city. It is also very, very, hot and humid during the summer.

I've never been to Chicago, it's my next city I plan on visiting.. but SF is definitely one of my favorite cities of all time, I definitely recommend going if you've never been there. Excellent food, beautiful scenery, great culture, fabulous shopping, and beautiful weather. What more could you ask for? I've been to the other cities before, and personally, I think Boston and Texas are overrated(with the exception of Austin), nothing near the experience you'll have in SF.

Thank you to everyone who posted! So I think it's between Chicago and San Francisco right now. Texas seems to have really bad weather in the summer from what people are saying so I think I'll save that destination for later. So which one is the best between the two to visit?

Thank you to everyone who posted! So I think it's between Chicago and San Francisco right now. Texas seems to have really bad weather in the summer from what people are saying so I think I'll save that destination for later. So which one is the best between the two to visit?

San Fran for sure!! Although Chicago is always fun too, but I think for a summer trip, SF would be fab!!

im from houston and i wouldn't recommend coming here if u wanna stay away from humidity..it gets HOTTT in the summer and is very very humid. i was in chicago last summer and the weather was gorgeous and the shopping was phenomenal =)

My mother told me that it is all up to me! :smile: I'm thinking of crossing out Boston so now it's just between Chicago, Dallas/Houston, and San Francisco. I don't hope to offend anybody by asking this but are there a lot of gay people in San Francisco? I have absolutely nothing against gay people but it would just be kind of awkward.

Sweetie, I've lived in SF for over 10 years. I am straight and married. Trust me, you would be shocked to realize how "normal" it is here. Gay people are not on the streets making out in front of you, unless perhaps you go to a highly populated gay area like the Castro neighborhood. If you're in Union Square, you'll feel like you're in any other city. It will NOT be awkward at all. In fact, you'll be hard pressed to "pick out" the gay people.

From a weather perspective, July can be rather cold, believe it or not. Hence the famous saying that "the coldest winter I ever spent was a summer in San Francisco." You're better off in May or August, and even in October when it's Indian Summer.

whats in chicago? seriously haha!

SF all the way. Its the number #1 tourist spot, has world famous golden gate bridge, treasue island, half moon bay, REAL beaches, 101 pacific coast highway is not very far, you have the wine country which is a bit north..all the fun piers, lets not even mention the shopping. stores AFTER stores. the weather here is amazing...I mean the most thats going to happen is fog in the AM. & about your concern over the gay folks...trust me, they are the BEST haha!!! they dont make out in front of you at all..I mean sf is SF..no other city can compare. I actually prefer it over to NYC. we have the same stuff basically..and our weather is 100x better. you wont regret SF.

whats in chicago? seriously haha!

SF all the way. Its the number #1 tourist spot, has world famous golden gate bridge, treasue island, half moon bay, REAL beaches, 101 pacific coast highway is not very far, you have the wine country which is a bit north..all the fun piers, lets not even mention the shopping. stores AFTER stores. the weather here is amazing...I mean the most thats going to happen is fog in the AM. & about your concern over the gay folks...trust me, they are the BEST haha!!! they dont make out in front of you at all..I mean sf is SF..no other city can compare. I actually prefer it over to NYC. we have the same stuff basically..and our weather is 100x better. you wont regret SF.

I already listed a few things. I know you're being sarcastic, but it's not about bashing cities.(I could mention the times I've been in SF when it was in the 90's and when it was so cold I wondered what season it was--both times in the summer). Both cities have a lot to offer, and no one can guarantee the weather. Sometimes people on the East and West coasts assume the central part of the US is completely undeveloped and hicksville. Chicago is a world-class city. It's just a matter of what Franniegurl decides whe wants to experience.

To lorihmatthews: Thank you so much! I think that San Francisco can sometimes be stereotyped by people as a city with a large gay population and I just wanted to know the truth from people that actually live there!

To klucelg: As I said before I'm not one of those people that dislike gay people or are homophobic. I even have a few friends that are gay. But I would feel out of place if I was completely surrounded by gay people since I am straight.