which chanel size?

hautemom

Scarf Addict
O.G.
Jan 4, 2006
Hello to all! I'm new here and you ladies seem to really know your stuff so I thought I'd ask your opinion. I've had my eye on the Chanel flap bag in black for quite awhile. The boutique had it in 2 sizes...I'm not sure if both sizes are known as the 2.55 bag or just the larger one. I ended up getting the medium sized bag because it seemed cuter for going out but now I'm wondering if I made a mistake? I definitely wouldn't be using it as an everyday bag (I am a stay at home mom of 3) but I think it is a great investment piece. For evenings out the bigger bag seemed too big and a little to "old" if you know what I mean? But when I got it home and tried it on it seemed to be a little too small to hold my "basic" neccessities (I am used to having much more room). I honestly think that the medium bag looked better on me but I want the purse to be functional and not just look great! :biggrin: Any suggestions on which size is better?

First of all, welcome to the purseblog forum! :biggrin:
I have never owned a Chanel, so I don't speak from personal experience.. But if I were to buy one I would go for the medium. Do you have some pics for us so we can drool a little? ;)

The 2.55 is the name of the re-issue because it was originally designed in 1955. Three colors -Black, grey, white. They will no longer be produced, they are limited edition. If your bag has the 2.55 - 2005 mark on the inside of the flap, it is the re-issue. The sizes are small(225), medium(226), large(227), Jumbo(228). It sounds like you made the right choice for your needs. I will post mine soon, it's the large(227), more everyday.

Thanks for your input, Ladies! I decided to keep the medium bag. The larger one that I had looked at was the re-issue, but this one is not- the SA referred to it as the "classic flap". I really think I will use this size more.

Hautemom, I too just recently bought a classic flap bag at the Chanel store on Spring Street in New York City. I have used it quite a bit already. I love it! You made the right decision.