which chanel size?

1. Over at PurseBlog, we started a new series called Closet Confessionals in which we examine how readers and TPFers afford their bag addictions. Read about it in this intro article and submit your own confessional here. We are looking forward to hearing from you!
    Dismiss Notice
  1. Hello to all! I'm new here and you ladies seem to really know your stuff so I thought I'd ask your opinion. I've had my eye on the Chanel flap bag in black for quite awhile. The boutique had it in 2 sizes...I'm not sure if both sizes are known as the 2.55 bag or just the larger one. I ended up getting the medium sized bag because it seemed cuter for going out but now I'm wondering if I made a mistake? I definitely wouldn't be using it as an everyday bag (I am a stay at home mom of 3) but I think it is a great investment piece. For evenings out the bigger bag seemed too big and a little to "old" if you know what I mean? But when I got it home and tried it on it seemed to be a little too small to hold my "basic" neccessities (I am used to having much more room). I honestly think that the medium bag looked better on me but I want the purse to be functional and not just look great! :biggrin: Any suggestions on which size is better?

2. First of all, welcome to the purseblog forum! :biggrin:
    I have never owned a Chanel, so I don't speak from personal experience.. But if I were to buy one I would go for the medium. Do you have some pics for us so we can drool a little? ;)

3. The medium is the 2.55.

4. Sounds like PSEUB area!!

5. The 2.55 is the name of the re-issue because it was originally designed in 1955. Three colors -Black, grey, white. They will no longer be produced, they are limited edition. If your bag has the 2.55 - 2005 mark on the inside of the flap, it is the re-issue. The sizes are small(225), medium(226), large(227), Jumbo(228). It sounds like you made the right choice for your needs. I will post mine soon, it's the large(227), more everyday.

6. Oh I'm sorry. meant Star, PSEUB is our Batignolle go to person!

7. Thanks for your input, Ladies! I decided to keep the medium bag. The larger one that I had looked at was the re-issue, but this one is not- the SA referred to it as the "classic flap". I really think I will use this size more.

8. Hautemom, I too just recently bought a classic flap bag at the Chanel store on Spring Street in New York City. I have used it quite a bit already. I love it! You made the right decision.

9. do you have any pictures? how much do those usually run from?

10. I will try to figure out how to post a picture.. or maybe wait for hubby to help me. I think it ran around $1475.00 plus tax.

11. The classic flap I purchased was $1,750. I will try to post pics.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice