Which Chanel purse should I get?

perfectionn

Nov 21, 2007
I'm getting a new designer purse from my boyfriend for my 9 month anniversary gift. He asked me what I wanted so I decided to ask for a new purse because I haven't bought a new purse in a couple months. I also decided I wanted another Chanel purse, but I don't know what I should get. I was thinking about another jumbo flap but I dont know if i should get it in a neutral color of a colorful color. Either way, the purse I want to get will have silver hardware. Any ideas for which one I should get? (By the way I'm into the large purses). If you have any idea please leave the name, the price, and a pic( if you can). Thanks! That would be sooooooo much help. I would go to the mall and look for myself but I've been extremely busy lately. :heart:;)

You might want to look at the Chanel reference thread for pictures. The jumbo flap is a great bag. There are not many colors available righ now (ie no red or purple etc). The dark white with sh is really nice. Just fyi, Chanel just had a price increase so the jumbo flap is now $2650. You also mightv consider a melrose tote oe a cabas or mini-cabas. If $2000 + is not quite in his budget for a 9 mth gift then you may want to look at a smaller purse like a timeless clutch which is just over $1000.

def. depends on budget...as Chanels can range from just over 1000-3000 for larger bags (as the girls have stated above)
if there is none...just go to the store & pick out one with him (then & there)
no anticipation of waiting!
good luck!

Thanks everyone! I really hopee me and my boyfriend can go look around at them this weekend, but I'm not sure considering we'll have family and friends over for the whole weekend, so we'll see. There's no budget for the gift. I have the purple jumbo flap but i would really adore the red one. I'm not a big fan of the coco cabas. I also have the very popular black cambon tote with the double white c's. I also have like 4 clutches made by Chanel too. I have the vintage black jumbo flap, but the only thing I don't like about it is that it has gold hardware. I'm not a big fan of the gold. The white jumbo is nice but I'm just afriad it will get dirty. I take VERY good care of my handbags but still....if any of you find really cute Chanel handbag finds/pictures/etc, please reply:smile: Happy Thanksgiving!

^I was afraid of getting a white flap too, but now that I have it, it's my favorite bag hands down. I also have the baby cabas, luxe ligne tote, black patent jumbo, and metallic wallet on chain. I would recommend any of those bags hands down. Since you don't like the baby cabas, I would definitely suggest getting another jumbo. Purple and red are almost impossible to find, but I would really urge you to get white!

How about a reissue flap? I think the large size is still $2650 the last time I checked (last Sunday). I think it is perfect if you don't like gold CC logos. The pictures are in the reference section.
Good luck!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! I am so overwhelmed right now. I just found out my parent's flight has been delayed so they'll be late, and I have no idea when they'll get here. I have so much food to cook today and one of my friends (who doesn't celebrate Thanksgiving) was supposedly to come over today to help me cook but she's not feeling well. And on top of all of this, I couldn't sleep last night because I was thinking about HANDBAGS all night:love: and all I really want to do is go shopping. This weekend I want to go to the Louis Vuitton boutique and get a new mini lin croisette marina gm....or I'll get another speedy 30 in mini lin. I'm basically going to go on a shopping spree and hopefully I'll find and get 2-4 new handbags. I'm still debating with myself if I want a white or black, or colorful Chanel. I'm 5'3" with black hair. With the white, I'm afraid it will get dirty and will be easily seen that it's worn (I do take excellent care of my bags), and with the black, I'm afraid that the black on the bag and the black of my hair will just be too much black. And with the colorful, I guess it just depends what colors are available. Because this Chanel bag will be coming from my boyfriend, I want to be able to use it often, and not just every once in a while. Any suggestions?

P.S. I'm very indecisive, and always second guess my self. So I'm not very good at making decisions.

Collection:
LV monogram speedy 30
LV monogram manhattan gm
LV multicolore ursula
LV multicolore alma
My Dior large pockets bag
Dior large saddle bag
Fendi zucca spy bag
Fendi multicolor spy bag
Fendi medium leather bag de jour
Fendi convertible "to you" bag
Marc Jacobs quilted and patchwork stam bag
Versace icon monogram east/west satchel
Hermes white birkin
Jimmy Choo riki bag
Jimmy Choo metallic ramona
Jimmy Choo leather tote
Prada cervo lux tote
Chanel turquoise reissue
Chanel rock and chain tote
Chanel yellow and blue 2.55 washed lambskin
Chanel vintage tote
Chane ligne cambon tote
Balenciaga calcaire twiggy
Balenciaga magenta bag
Balenciaga city motorcycle bag (black, green, silver)

These are only a few handbags from my closet;)
(I'll post in my profile my whole collection when I have some free time, maybe tomorrow morning. I haven't included any of my clutches.)

:heart:

Happy Thanksgiving!! Maybe go for a colorful chanel. I would check out the reference library and see if anything catches your eye. I personally think you could pull of black no problem. I also love white, but like you, would be afraid it would get easily dirty.