Which Chanel purse is better?!?

1. The Nordstrom Anniversary Sale 2019 is now open to the public! Please support TPF by using this link before shopping the sale.
    We're also giving away six more $200 gift cards during the duration of the NAS! Find out more...
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. hi there,
    I am having a tough decision deciding which Chanel purse I want ...they are both the same style just a different color. One is black and the other white they are both beautiful, but one looks more used then the other. I don't know which one to pick & I dont have much time till the auction ends! =(

http://cgi.ebay.com/AUTH-CHANEL-BLACK-LAMB-TASSEL-FLAP-BAG-PURSE-RARE-NR_W0QQitemZ220546612210QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_CSA_WH_Handbags?hash=item33599a3bf2#ht_6991wt_1165

http://cgi.ebay.com/CHANEL-Purse-ShoulderBAG-FLAP-TASSEL-Quilted-WHITE-GOLD_W0QQitemZ280456140556QQcmdZViewItemQQptZWomen_s_Bags?hash=item414c7d170c#ht_4723wt_1165

2. i like the white..just make sure you get it authenticated

3. I say the WHITE - it is really striking and modern. Or hey, buy both!

4. Thank you so much guys for your replies!! I wish I could buy both, but one will have todo for now!! :smile:

5. I like the black one better

6. i think it's hard to buy white vintage

cos the age looks more obvious

the white one looks like it has seen much better days

how old are these bags btw?

7. I think these bags are from the early 90's, but I am not sure. I just know that they are vintage & I know a white bag is harder to maintain clean, but I have too many black chanel bags..lol..black is my favorite color & so I wanted to change my color scheme. I know white is worn in the summer alot..oh well..they are both very nice & it's hard to decide.

8. I like the black one,it is not easy to get dirt.

9. I prefer the white. Much more eye-catching!

10. I'm too chicken for white. Black it is!

11. I would say the black..

12. I think the white.. just have to be a bit more careful with it:smile:

13. Make sure you have tons of pics of the white. Sometimes, the white turns yellowish if the previous owner didnt take good care of it.

If you are looking to break the circle of black bags but are afraid the the white is not in mint condition, may I suggest red (to pop color) or grey (for a more classic vibe). Good alternatives, IMO.

Also, even if you chose the black one, the shape is quite different of what we are use to see for a Chanel bag. Im sure you'll get to use it a lot, regardless.

14. Wow you guys are making me have a tough decision..hmm I am drawing towards the black one now because I realize it's in so much better condition. The black one comes with the box and dust bag I like that. My concern for the white is that it looks a bit damaged & I don't know if that can be repaired. I notice scuffs on the back of the purse and tear on the leather chain strap of the purse. *sigh*

15. Difficult decision. White lambskin is my favorite, but you have to be a bit more careful with it.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice