Which Chanel bag should I get first...?

Wilmaerika

Mar 13, 2012
I'll be getting my first Chanel soon, but I'm still totally undecided on the model. I know that I really want something crossbody-ish (...WOC? Classic Flap Bag?) Help! Please give me opinions and your insights and thoughts.. The maximum price I'm going to pay is 4000€ however if needed I can add a little extra... TIA ladies!! :smile:

loribear

May 6, 2009
I just got myself a black caviar WOC and LOVE it! WOC is a great choice if you like wearing it crossbody. And when the chain is doubled up, it looks totally ladylike and elegant.

But since you can afford a flap, I'd say go for that before the price goes way up (and looks like it will!!) !!

Dec 6, 2009
For the reissues, I find that the size 226 works best on me as a cross body. Large enough that I can use for daily stuff but not overwhelming to wear cross body. I find the 227 slightly too big in size to wear that way and can only use it double strap. But I am also short (5' 2").

For the classics my favorite cross body is my square mini flap. Jumbo is again too big and I have to wear it double strap.

Orchidlady

O.G.
Jan 13, 2008
If you like the crossbody style, I find the WOC most convenient, though the size is a tad bit small for my liking. For the classic flaps, the jumbo is way to heavy to wear crossbody, and the m/l chain is too short to be comfortable. The chain around messenger (CAM), the chain is way too long. Haha. I guess we can never have everything.

chanelcraze

Sep 30, 2010
since your budget is EU4000, there is a pretty broad range to choose from. I would probably pick the reissue. I like its light weight and understated elegance, also beat the price increase! only my humble opinion..