Tech Which cellphone do you have?

Right now Samsung Galaxy S10 5G. Will probably jump to the next note when it comes out in a couple of months.
I went from iPhone to the Galaxy s10 & zI like it except the camera/photo program. Do you have a prob getting the color red to come out true in your photos? My reds NEVER appear the right shade regardless of my tweeking it. Frustrating.

You can easily pick up a refurb iPhone 7 for $250-300, or a more recent/faster refurb Galaxy S8 for $300-350. Phones are so good right now that there's no need to buy brand new.

Agreed. The refurbished ones from the carrier are cheaper & have been gone over to work out any bugs whereas the new ones may have an issue no ones knows about until the unfortunate purchases it.[/QUOTE

]
DH's iphone suddenly died and he was in a hurry to replace it. Went to Sprint store. They had a two for one sale. We were ready to buy latest greatest Iphone but then the SA realized this deal was only if you were adding a line. So we got two refurbished Iphone 8's. Hope we did the right thing with the refurbished.
I was kinda pissed when I realized that earlier on in the conversation when we thought we were getting the two for one deal and were comparing the 8 to the XR, he didn't mention that the XR was new and the 8 was refurbished.
Anyway, so far I'm happy. The screen is pretty, bigger, easier to text on. And I got the rose gold[/QUOTE

DH's iphone suddenly died and he was in a hurry to replace it. Went to Sprint store. They had a two for one sale. We were ready to buy latest greatest Iphone but then the SA realized this deal was only if you were adding a line. So we got two refurbished Iphone 8's. Hope we did the right thing with the refurbished.
I was kinda pissed when I realized that earlier on in the conversation when we thought we were getting the two for one deal and were comparing the 8 to the XR, he didn't mention that the XR was new and the 8 was refurbished.
Anyway, so far I'm happy. The screen is pretty, bigger, easier to text on. And I got the rose gold[/QUOTE
@sdkitty, I have a had a couple or more refurbished over the years & had the least amount of trouble with those. New or refurbished, you really just never know.

@sdkitty, I have a had a couple or more refurbished over the years & had the least amount of trouble with those. New or refurbished, you really just never know.
thanks for that
I'm confused now. The sprint store where we got the two iphone 8's (which are actually 8 pluses I learned today) couldn't complete the data transfer from DH's old phone. So today I went to a different sprint store to get the data transfer done.
I told them that I was a bit disappointed that we first were getting new, then ended up with refurbished.
They told me they could get me a deal for the same price for two new XR's. about same price as we were paying for the 8's.
Then I got home and read the email from sprint confirming the deal I made on the two we have. The bill is going to be substantially higher than what the guy at the store said.
So that makes the deal on the new phones even more attractive. Two new phones for $40 a month less than the two refurbished ones. (assuming they aren't blowing smoke)

So now I need to find out if I go to store number two can they take back the two phones I purchased at store number one. Or do I have to return them to store where I got them (that's what website says).
This is worse than buying a car.

:lol: @sdkitty, and it won't last near as long!
Is this the first time you've experienced the phone buying "ordeal"? It doesn't get any more fun. :doh:
went back to sprint store where we got the phones....mgr fixed the billing errors and refunded the charges for cases. I had thought the phones were refurbished but he said if they came in the Apple box they were new. So I feel better now. Only took three trips to Sprint stores probably totaling three hours, plus two phone calls to CS. But hopefully now we're all set for awhile.

Techies plz, what is a brand of good lightweight small in size portable charger that I can carry in purse. Android (Samsung galaxy S10). I see them everywhere but some have GOT to be better than others right?

Techies plz, what is a brand of good lightweight small in size portable charger that I can carry in purse. Android (Samsung galaxy S10). I see them everywhere but some have GOT to be better than others right?
I have an iphone. in the past when I've needed accessories I go on ebay and look for a compatible item from a huge power seller with tons of positive FB. I've been Belkin chargers as the Apple store and I've bought them via ebay.