Which brooches to let go?

Iana24

Feb 26, 2018
Hi all, I’ve been contemplating in selling some of my brooches. I’ve been collecting them in a short period of time, I mean they’re so addictive and I admit I like the hunting process. I realize that they are too many and I don’t get a chance to wear them often (my style, not because that now we stay at home). I have 10 in total (missing one in the picture as I have already sent it to consign).

33FABCC0-0B01-44A7-AAEB-BF93CE843F66.jpeg

I sent 2 small CC brooches to consignment already (the one is not pictured and the green metal on the bottom), and would like to sent another 2 from the big CC brooches. So I’m choosing 2 out of 4 of the big CC brooches to go. They’re all just similar but not completely the same so I’m lost. I’ve been back and forth for months couldn’t make up my minds so I decided to come here to ask as many opinions. Please help me make a decision. Thanks a lot guys!

69D10654-DC3F-4B15-BD58-0FBF9647E29A.jpeg

I agree that those 4 look very similar so you can consider letting go 2 of them? It depends on the occasions you wear them and how you match with clothes I think - so if you usually wear the brooches for dressier occasions then maybe keep the fancier ones ? In general I think you can keep the fanciest looking one as well as a basic one, so the top two. Or you can go easy route and just keep the two you wear the most

I agree that those 4 look very similar so you can consider letting go 2 of them? It depends on the occasions you wear them and how you match with clothes I think - so if you usually wear the brooches for dressier occasions then maybe keep the fancier ones ? In general I think you can keep the fanciest looking one as well as a basic one, so the top two. Or you can go easy route and just keep the two you wear the most
Hi thanks a lot for chiming in. So glad it’s not just me who think they look a bit similar to each other. I am considering keeping 2 (covering fancy and basic just like you said) and letting the other 2 go. The problem is I can’t make up up my mind which ones. I even have tried to simulate each brooch with each outfit I have, lol. I am more of a simple dresser.

Honestly I haven’t worn them much, in fact only 1-2 times each for this 2 years almost equally. So I’m also lost when I have to choose the ones I use the most. I am asking opinions to see other people preference as I cannot choose, lol.

I forget to mention that the top 2 you chose are the regular/permanent collection (REV) and the bottom 2 are seasonal pieces. I know you have chosen the top ones but may I ask your opinion is it because being permanent means safer choice? I do think like that but also worried it’s too common while the seasonal pieces is less ubiquitous? Thanks again.

Reactions: potatonoodz
Oh I didn’t even know the top two are regular pieces ! It sounds like the seasonality is definitely a consideration for you which I totally understand.
It also sounds like you use the brooches for more dressy occasions .. maybe then you can consider keeping the top right and bottom left ? I love the look of the bottom left one and I think they definitely look different enough in both size and aesthetics to justify keeping both for different occasions !
Edit to add that I am picking from my personal view only - to me those two look more expensive, timeless and elegant

Reactions: Iana24
Hi! In my opinion the bottom left brooche looks the fanciest / highest quality. I am definitely drawn to this one.
Another idea maybe would be to choose one with silver and one with gold to keep.
Or get rid of just one now (the one that is easiest for you to declutter) and take things step by step. The top left and bottom right brooches have a similar look, so maybe decide for one of those to get rid of.
Or: look at the picture of the four brooches and alternating cover one brooche with your finger / hand. Are you still happy with the collection? => right item to get rid of.
I think it's always easier to get rid of permanent collection items, because they are easier to get back than seasonal items if you have seller's remorse.

Reactions: lvn1nja and Iana24
I like the bottom right the best. The combination of smooth and sculpted beads is interesting and unusual and I feel it is also the most versatile. Try to keep only one, wear it, and if you enjoy it you can always buy a new one (and feel the thrill of the chase again) later.

Oh I didn’t even know the top two are regular pieces ! It sounds like the seasonality is definitely a consideration for you which I totally understand.
It also sounds like you use the brooches for more dressy occasions .. maybe then you can consider keeping the top right and bottom left ? I love the look of the bottom left one and I think they definitely look different enough in both size and aesthetics to justify keeping both for different occasions !
Edit to add that I am picking from my personal view only - to me those two look more expensive, timeless and elegant
Another vote to keep the top right and bottom left, they are so pretty!

Reactions: Kamilaa and Iana24
You're spot on in that I use them for more dressy occasions, since I just have been using them only few times and I'm most of the time casual. I really didn't think of that :smile: Looking back, the 2 I have sent to consigment are more casual brooches and I never even wear them once. So yes keeping the fancy ones make sense. I will try to keep that in mind when choosing. Thanks a lot for your input dear!

Reactions: potatonoodz
Hi! In my opinion the bottom left brooche looks the fanciest / highest quality. I am definitely drawn to this one.
Another idea maybe would be to choose one with silver and one with gold to keep.
Or get rid of just one now (the one that is easiest for you to declutter) and take things step by step. The top left and bottom right brooches have a similar look, so maybe decide for one of those to get rid of.
Or: look at the picture of the four brooches and alternating cover one brooche with your finger / hand. Are you still happy with the collection? => right item to get rid of.
I think it's always easier to get rid of permanent collection items, because they are easier to get back than seasonal items if you have seller's remorse.
Hi, thank you and yes it's the most expensive among those 4. I must have liked it so much when I bought it that I was willing to pay that much (I'm usually a very strict spender). But I must admit this is not something I can wear often (think about formal/office attire, not me unfortunately) but it's just too pretty and I often said what if I need something silver as the others are all gold. I'll take your advise to take things step by step and agree maybe I should start with choosing between top left and bottom right since they're pretty similar.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mairaculi
I like the bottom right the best. The combination of smooth and sculpted beads is interesting and unusual and I feel it is also the most versatile. Try to keep only one, wear it, and if you enjoy it you can always buy a new one (and feel the thrill of the chase again) later.
Me too! That one is my favourite. I think then I'll let the top left go. You are right, I like to hunt them when travelling because I never got lucky in my home store (I don't know why maybe just bad timing) so it's like bringing home a souvenir :smile:

Hi, thank you and yes it's the most expensive among those 4. I must have liked it so much when I bought it that I was willing to pay that much (I'm usually a very strict spender). But I must admit this is not something I can wear often (think about formal/office attire, not me unfortunately) but it's just too pretty and I often said what if I need something silver as the others are all gold. I'll take your advise to take things step by step and agree maybe I should start with choosing between top left and bottom right since they're pretty similar.
I usually wear office attire, but even so a sparkly Chanel brooche would be too much, they definitely look like special occasion pieces to me. Let us know how you decide! So far the top left brooche seems to get the least votes here, what would you think of letting this one go?