Which brand (USA) makes a "Duochrome Soak Off Gel Polish"?? +++

diram

Jul 18, 2010
I came upon some pics of Indigo Nails Illumination "Saturn" #5 polish and OMG...it's gorgeous. But I don't think it is avail for purchase in the US. The site seems to be from Poland, maybe?

I am looking for a duochrome preferably in a dark teal with flashes of green and purple, or something to that effect (as long as it looks either teal or dark blue, the flashes of color can be any).

Any recs for me?
I need an LED lamp cure type of gel polish (not UV).

tia!

I came upon some pics of Indigo Nails Illumination "Saturn" #5 polish and OMG...it's gorgeous. But I don't think it is avail for purchase in the US. The site seems to be from Poland, maybe?

I am looking for a duochrome preferably in a dark teal with flashes of green and purple, or something to that effect (as long as it looks either teal or dark blue, the flashes of color can be any).

Any recs for me?
I need an LED lamp cure type of gel polish (not UV).

tia!

Those Illumination ended up not being soak-off if I recall correctly …. people had to wear them over something else to get them off and had a lot of problems. Along the same line, to get the best duochromes you have to go to RNP still (IMHO). Do a black gel mani and then put them over top. ;)

But anyway, to answer your true question - the only thing I can think of off the top of my head in that very specific color range is OPI came out with their Peace and Love in GelColor. Mind you, I have not seen in it person, so don't know if the color play is any good or not.

Those Illumination ended up not being soak-off if I recall correctly …. people had to wear them over something else to get them off and had a lot of problems. Along the same line, to get the best duochromes you have to go to RNP still (IMHO). Do a black gel mani and then put them over top. ;)

But anyway, to answer your true question - the only thing I can think of off the top of my head in that very specific color range is OPI came out with their Peace and Love in GelColor. Mind you, I have not seen in it person, so don't know if the color play is any good or not.
Peace and Love OPI gel is more grey with hints of blue and green. Kermit Me to Speak is somewhat variable , but more mauve with lavender and blue tones . You need at least three coats for good cover, but it is not dark blue or teal. You could try a teal color with one of these on top and see if that works .

Thanks girls! :smile:
I gave up on the soak off gel teal duochrome quest, and have since opted to just layer a glitter topcoat over a deep teal gel polish.

I wish someone would come out with a np similar to the Indigo Illumination "Saturn". It's so gorgeous!!

Chickettes has a video on the color. LUV!! It seems to go from blue to purple to teal, depending on how the light hits it, BUT it's unlike any "duochrome" I've ever seen. All of the duochromes that I have seen have both colors apparent at the same time, just one shade more so than the other depending on lighting. But Saturn seems to 100% change from color to color, instantly!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wPN55uNwU0

I wish they would make this avail in the US and also LED cure. OR, I wish OPI or some other brand would make a np similar to this technology. I like this better than the mood-changing polish in that at least the Saturn shade is more predictable in how the colors will appear on the nail. lol

Thanks girls! :smile:
I gave up on the soak off gel teal duochrome quest, and have since opted to just layer a glitter topcoat over a deep teal gel polish.

I wish someone would come out with a np similar to the Indigo Illumination "Saturn". It's so gorgeous!!

Chickettes has a video on the color. LUV!! It seems to go from blue to purple to teal, depending on how the light hits it, BUT it's unlike any "duochrome" I've ever seen. All of the duochromes that I have seen have both colors apparent at the same time, just one shade more so than the other depending on lighting. But Saturn seems to 100% change from color to color, instantly!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wPN55uNwU0

I wish they would make this avail in the US and also LED cure. OR, I wish OPI or some other brand would make a np similar to this technology. I like this better than the mood-changing polish in that at least the Saturn shade is more predictable in how the colors will appear on the nail. lol

You might try using Gelability to make it yourself!

I found two "duochrome-ish" gel polishes in Sally's Finger Paints line:
1) As If Figuratifs (you can see a swatch at http://gel-luv.blogspot.com/2014/06/fingerpaints-as-if-figuratifs.html)
2) Fine Art Auction (which switches from pink to a bluish color, and has a much more vivid shift than As If Figuratifs)

Orly GelFX also has four, though again they're "ish" rather than duochromes on the level of rpns
1) Pink-Blue Chrome
2) Magenta-Violet Chrome
3) Rose-Bronze Chrome
4) Yellow-Gold Chrome

I seem to recall FerretKingdom having swatched the Orly colors, but I can't find her images at the moment.

I haven't seen a gel polish duochrome in the colors that you mentioned. However, as some other girls have mentioned, OPI Gelcolor has a few. I have three if them, Kermit Me to Speak, Bikini Zone, and Peace & Love & OPI (only worn this one).

Also, Fingerpaints Gel has a few as well but I only have Mixed Media Mauve and love it.