which brand is cheaper? gucci or LV?

LV Bags Lover

«Mini Collector»
O.G.
Aug 4, 2008
hi,

i would like to know from you guys which brand is cheaper? gucci or LV? i find that gucci is slightly cheaper than LV. agreed? :smile:

btw, i dont have a good impression with gucci SA. their attitude is quite terrible. today i went to gucci to buy the chihuahua charm and nobody bothered to serve me at all when i stood at the counter. i asked a SA to show me the charms and he took the charms to show then after that he left me all alone at the counter! he was busy serving another customer and couldnt even bother about me. i was damn piss off, manz! :cursing:

i prefer SA from LV. at least they give me a good impression when comes to customer service! :tup:

It depends on which items you want to compare. But slightly Gucci is cheaper. LV they usually increase the price twice a year, so they can control their price. Unlike Gucci, they have sale sometimes.

Most Gucci bags are cheaper than LV but Gucci's Hysteria Medium Top Handle Bag in Dark Grape Crocodile Skin makes you hysterical.. it's way overpriced... $37,500 apiece! :wtf:

A bit like apple and oranges here. Gucci is a fashion house, and at the end of the season / collection - items are considered old season and therefore needs to be disassociated and therefore sold at a discount.

LV - you are paying for quality - and their motto is simple - you cannot discount quality and quality don't go out of season. LV also do not like people to wait to buy their product cheaper, they rather distroy items then sell them at a discount. They do sell items cheaper to staff though.

A bit like apple and oranges here. Gucci is a fashion house, and at the end of the season / collection - items are considered old season and therefore needs to be disassociated and therefore sold at a discount.

LV - you are paying for quality - and their motto is simple - you cannot discount quality and quality don't go out of season. LV also do not like people to wait to buy their product cheaper, they rather distroy items then sell them at a discount. They do sell items cheaper to staff though.
but LV also has seasonal items, isnt it? but i guess LV seasonal items dont produce that many therefore they dont need to have sale to sell off the seasonal items.

huh? destroy? what a waste, manz! imagine all those cattles had been killed just to get the cowhide leather. :crybaby:

huh? destroy? what a waste, manz! imagine all those cattles had been killed just to get the cowhide leather. :crybaby:

Yup.. that's just how the world is.. :yes:

Don't be sad for the cattles, we even kill them for food, and come to think of it, leather is just a by product of it.. Be sad for the crocs, lizards, snakes, pythons etc, coz they're the ones who are killed for their skin.. As for the cattles, nah, just pray for their souls, they'll be fine at the Milky Way..

Last edited:
When you say, "cheaper" do you mean quality or the actual prices? I'd say that GUCCI is cheaper than LVs in quality and pricing overall. Gucci has a few leather pieces that are pricey but their stuff goes on sales in the outlets and you can get them for 40% off retail. I would never pay full price for Gucci especially knowing that I can get the same bag at the outlets for 40% less. I also dont like that their fabrics are not stain resistant. For bags for retail for $1000 and up, you would expect that their fabric is at least scotch guarded...but they are not! I have a nice cloth GG tote in beige that suffered from some color transfer from the shirt that i was wearing and I still cannot get it removed. Since that time, I have not purchased any more Guccis.

It seems like the LV pieces are more classic and the Gucci tends to be a little more trendy or "fashionable"..I love some of the Gucci stuff but I became enamored with the LV because they seem a ltitle more "sturdy" since the fabric is coated...

Gucci has an outlet where they sell the seasonal items..very rarely do they get the more classic styles ,the fabric monogram etc. its usually discontinued items so if you really like a classic piece it is unlikely you will find it at a outlet . But ,there are great deals to be had and I got a great bag from the outlet ..I am pretty careful with it though since its just uncoated fabric canvas.

It seems like LV holds its value a little better since prices keep going up and the bags seem to hold up well if you take care of it . An LV is a better investment but some of the Gucci bag styles are terrific too.. the LV are not likely to go out of style anytime soon considering Audrey Hepburn carried the same speedy 25 in mono that I currently have..pretty cool..