Which brand has the best quality?

Ok we know you have the top three triangle with Hermes , Chanel and then lv . But which Brand does actually have the best quality? So if you want a bag "for life"

You can't compare brands like that, you need to compare apples to apples. In other words compare bags of similar price points. But if you just generalize, obviously Hermes will come out on top, since at their higher price point, they can provide more handwork and better quality raw materials.

However if you compare something from Louis Vuitton's haute maroquinerie Milaris to H's toolbox and things might be a bit more interesting. The same is true for Chanel's Métiers d'art...

You can't compare brands like that, you need to compare apples to apples. In other words compare bags of similar price points. But if you just generalize, obviously Hermes will come out on top, since at their higher price point, they can provide more handwork and better quality raw materials.

However if you compare something from Louis Vuitton's haute maroquinerie Milaris to H's toolbox and things might be a bit more interesting. The same is true for Chanel's Métiers d'art...

But does this mean that you think that because if the price they have the same quality ? Because we have had many issues with Chanel where the quality just want the same. Maybe a Brand like mulberry actually has products with better quality altough their price TAG is lower. What about pradas quality issues ? They are not cheep but there are bags that have a lot higher quality for a smaler price tag

But does this mean that you think that because if the price they have the same quality ? Because we have had many issues with Chanel where the quality just want the same. Maybe a Brand like mulberry actually has products with better quality altough their price TAG is lower. What about pradas quality issues ? They are not cheep but there are bags that have a lot higher quality for a smaler price tag

A higher price doesn't necessarily equate to higher quality BUT it many cases it does. However you still need to inspect items in stores because a store can easily charge 800$ for a subpar leather belt just as another can sell a saddle-stitched one for 400$.

Prada and Versace as brands have never been really known for their workmanship even back in the 70s. They were mostly known for their avant-garde styling rather than raw-craftsmanship.

/shrug If you really want to get a great value for your dollar, you are better working directly with an artisan.

This can be argued until the moon turns to blue cheese.
And will remain personal preference, imo.

Agree. Also agree above, higher price doesn't mean better quality. I have seen quality issues on certain styles of high end brands that aren't there for other styles they sell.
And I would prefer a bag I liked the look of that I deemed to be of good quality by looking at it, feeling it and reading others reviews than to spend an unrealistic amount on an average plain looking bag just because It's believed that it's the most expensive so must be the best.
I have been buying high end for many years now, all different brands and have never had one fall apart, look trashed or anything else. I don't over baby the but I don't kick them around either so if you are relatively easy on your bag because you want it to last then whatever brand you choose should be fine.

There was an interesting conversation about quality vs durability in Dior awhile back. In my experience, contemporary brands can take a lot more of beating than some premier brands depending on the type of materials (for example, lambskin isn't going to be able to hold up like cowhide), but the stitching and details of contemporary bags are rarely on par with that of premier.

I don't own Hermes, so I can't speak to that one, but I love Ferragamo and Tod's. They use high quality materials and finishes, but they've worn a lot better than my other premier bags.

I think my contemporary bags can take more abuse and turn out fine, whereas my luxury Italian ones have more delicate leather, imo. But, if I had to choose a brand that has lasted a long time for me it would be Dooney and Bourke.

ITA about the durability V quality debate. The quality of say, a beautifully made python shoulder bag may be superb but it's not going to have the durability of a buffalo leather version from the same maker.

When brands have aftercare service it gives a level of reassurance, and that's why I work with Gucci and Hermes. If a company does not repair and refurbish it obviously doesn't think much of its products anyway.

i'm not sure this can have a definite answer? a lot depends on how someone treats their bags and the paces they are put through. i think vintage Chanel (30+ years) has the best quality. if you find a Chanel 30+ years old (and in decent condition), it'll look just as nice as those made today, if not better. that, to me, is quality craftsmanship; something that can stand the test of time and truly be passed down from generation to generation. a lot of bags today (ie Balenciaga) are AMAZING bags, but i see their 'life' expire after about 10-15 years and they look used and abused and faded and etc.