Which bracelet to chose

Fem1014

May 24, 2014
Hello all. I'm relatively new to VCA but am already hooked. I recently got a 5 motif MOP bracelet and a 10 motif vintage gold necklace. I want to add another 5 motif bracelet to my collection but am unsure if I should get a black onyx or the vintage yellow gold bracelet that matches my 10motif necklace. I should also mention that I wear two plain love bracelets daily one in rose gold and the other yellow gold. Would also love it if someone who had similar variation would post pictures. TIA

I would get the black onyx bracelet, since:

1) this is a stone u don't have yet
2) u can stack with your Love bracelets if u are one who likes stacking
3) the onyx gives it some contrast or pop against your Love bracelets when worn together

Moreover, if u are thinking of getting a 5 motif bracelet with your 10 motif yg, I feel your existing 5 motif mop bracelet can already do the job, if u don't mind having two different stones linked to each other.

Hello all. I'm relatively new to VCA but am already hooked. I recently got a 5 motif MOP bracelet and a 10 motif vintage gold necklace. I want to add another 5 motif bracelet to my collection but am unsure if I should get a black onyx or the vintage yellow gold bracelet that matches my 10motif necklace. I should also mention that I wear two plain love bracelets daily one in rose gold and the other yellow gold. Would also love it if someone who had similar variation would post pictures. TIA

Thought I'd chime in even though late. I agree w/previous poster that the onyx would stand out stacked with the loves and would still be complementary with your 10 motif. And it's nice to have another colored stone to compliment outfits. But, On the flip side, I wear 2 loves and rarely wear my MOP bracelet with them as it slides under the loves, gets tangled in them and I worry about scratching the stones. So not sure if the onyx would be the best stacked?? The all gold would be less worry and you could link with your 10 motif to make it a longer necklace, which is a bonus. Then it is a more matchy set, if you like those things.

So I guess it's more of a question as to how you want to use it and is it for everyday or on certain occasions only.

Thought I'd chime in even though late. I agree w/previous poster that the onyx would stand out stacked with the loves and would still be complementary with your 10 motif. And it's nice to have another colored stone to compliment outfits. But, On the flip side, I wear 2 loves and rarely wear my MOP bracelet with them as it slides under the loves, gets tangled in them and I worry about scratching the stones. So not sure if the onyx would be the best stacked?? The all gold would be less worry and you could link with your 10 motif to make it a longer necklace, which is a bonus. Then it is a more matchy set, if you like those things.

So I guess it's more of a question as to how you want to use it and is it for everyday or on certain occasions only.

I totally agree. I have the MOP and it continuously gets caught in my love bracelets. I'm going to hold out for another love.

How safe are the 5 motif bracelets? Has anyone ever had a problem of it falling over their wrist? I would like to get one, but I am concerned with it falling off my wrist.

I would go for the black onyx! I love the contrast and it would look great stacked with your MOP bracelet.

But what about the chain breaking? Like for example if you are putting your coat on or off

the chain will not break, it's very sturdy and thick compared to the chains on the sweet bracelets. if you have any major concerns over the bracelet falling off you should insure your jewellery for an added sense of security.

But what about the chain breaking? Like for example if you are putting your coat on or off

I, too, wonder about jewelry which employs a lobster claw clasp in general, and particularly when they are used on pieces at this price point... (smh). While I own the 10 motif rose gold necklace, this could be a personal deterrent for future purchases of pieces which employ this type of clasp. I actually inquired to VCA about changing the clasp, which inquiry remains unanswered.
While insurance is good to have, should one lose their necklace or have it stolen, once you submit a claim to your insurance agency your insurance premiums will go up.

Last edited: