Votes: 7 50.0%
  • fjord black

Votes: 7 50.0%

• Total voters

lara0112

O.G.
Dec 11, 2006
Hello fellow H lovers,
I have been going back and forth on my H investment bag (the one I want to keep, as opposed to the several I have been trying out and eventually gotten rid off).

I always assumed that it would be a Kelly, and it is still on my list, but I think for now the Bolide is more my game:

I have narrowed it down to two available choices: both vintage, early 2000s (I can't afford new and I prefer the quality of bags from then)
Togo Bleu Indigo (had a So Kelly in that colour at some point, gorgeous but I am an absolute black lover, any non black bag doesn't stay long with this So Kelly being the exception - I dragged it everywhere, just bec of weight I gave it up)
or
Fjord black

between them are $1000 and the black one comes with the shoulder strap, whereas the bleu indigo does not (I have a fendi strap though that would go well with it and I would order one of the H straps, saw one online that is mixed bleu indigo, black and a red, which would however equalise the cost)

I voted for Bleu Indigo, it might be lighter than the Fjord, I also just like that color. I think that your safe bet is the black, but if you already have a bunch of black bags the BI would be a nice change. I'm not a great help at this! Either one sounds beautiful! The missing strap would maybe put me off a bit, but you seem to have that worked out. Excited to see your final choice!

Reactions: lara0112 and lanit
In terms of colour, you are temporarily being attracted to bleu indigo.
Because you are asking the question, it suggests that you know that it is not the colour that you would want to own and use over the long term.

You mentioned giving up an SO Kelly because of the weight.
Are you comfortable with the weight of the Bolide?

….and a comment about Fjord - you do not have to look very far on this site to see how highly prized fjord can be. (Just something else to add to your dilemma!)

I voted for Bleu Indigo, it might be lighter than the Fjord, I also just like that color. I think that your safe bet is the black, but if you already have a bunch of black bags the BI would be a nice change. I'm not a great help at this! Either one sounds beautiful! The missing strap would maybe put me off a bit, but you seem to have that worked out. Excited to see your final choice!
Thanks for your input - this is what i am thinking, it would be nice but then I always fall back on black

Fjord noir!!
Love Fjord leather, and you seem to be a girl who loves black :smile:
Please let us know what you decide.
I don't know why I am so drawn to black, and the idea of a very stiff leather really pushes me towards getting that

As an absolute black lover, any non black bag doesn't stay with me long

Your words above sounds like your forever bag should be black

True!

In terms of colour, you are temporarily being attracted to bleu indigo.
Because you are asking the question, it suggests that you know that it is not the colour that you would want to own and use over the long term.

You mentioned giving up an SO Kelly because of the weight.
Are you comfortable with the weight of the Bolide?

….and a comment about Fjord - you do not have to look very far on this site to see how highly prized fjord can be. (Just something else to add to your dilemma!)

yes, I saw that - I am not surprised bec in that part of the world everything is expensive (like literally). I used the So Kelly for work and was lugging my laptop around in it, and I always had a toddler stuck to me (I still have a (different) toddler but I have since learned that Longchamp is your friend - the difference of being early 30s or early 40s LOL).

Based on your statement of color preference I believe you will be happier with Black Fjord in the long run
I spent a bit of time while doing menial tasks thinking about it and I have to agree, and it would be too costly a mistake otherwise

Fjord black

Thanks for your input!

Reactions: rainnebeauxday
Having had several bolides and trial and error, Fjord is heavy: it is heavier than Clemence. Have you tried it on? If you love black, wait for the right leather ?

Blue indigo would be my vote!! It's a stunning chaneleon color!
it truly is - I loved it the first time round but there definitely were moments where I wished it had been black

I'd choose Fjord, and I'd go for black for a forever bag in any case :smile:
black and forever bag are somehow a must for me

You being an absolute black bag lover + fjord + original strap = fjord black :smile:
yes, the combination probably makes most sense

Having had several bolides and trial and error, Fjord is heavy: it is heavier than Clemence. Have you tried it on? If you love black, wait for the right leather ?
thanks dear for your feedback - this definitely helps bec I have not experienced fjord before (i had clemence, negonda and togo previously)

well thanks everyone for your feedback - I have not decided yet but will keep you all posted. before I make a decision I have to be sure of my finances bec I am right now in a tight spot, so I may lose either opportunity. I think a black bag is definitely the best choice - I also saw the new Bolide 1923 online and I have to say that model may appeal just a bit more to me but is quite a bit more expensive than the vintage models. hm, decisions decisions.

also, elsewhere I posted that I would be getting this new work bag (not H - https://eng.polene-paris.com/products/numero-un-monochrome-noir-graine), so I may need to see if it does not somewhat cover the Bolide, so that I can delay this type of bag until I can afford what I want,