Which Black Bag (Alexander Wang Donna vs Marc by Marc Jacobs Hillier)

Which Black Bag Do You Prefer?

• Alexander Wang Donna (silver hardware)

• Alexander Wang Donna (black hardware)

• Marc by Marc Jacobs Hillier Hobo

• None of the Above

Results are only viewable after voting.

sep

Live-Luv-Shop-Repeat
Nov 19, 2007
Hi All,

I've been wanting a black shoulder bag for a while and am having a tough time deciding between these 3... Which do you prefer?

Alexander Wang Donna (silver hardware)
Alexander Wang Donna (black hardware)
Marc by Marc Jacobs Hillier Hobo

Attachments

• AWangDonna.jpg
    AWangDonna.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 1,367
  • AWangDonnaAllBlack.jpg
    AWangDonnaAllBlack.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 1,280
  • MarcByMarcJHillier.jpg
    MarcByMarcJHillier.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 7,566
I've heard the leather on Donna is really fabulous. But I say MbMJ, too. I think it's more versatile as it can dress up or down, while the AW is super casual.

sep, you would have a two totally different vibes going on here, wouldn't you - :smile:

I can't vote. I like the Wang with black hardware and the MJ bag equally - for different occasions. One's casual, one's more dressy.

I finally just found my own black hobo - not being able to currently afford to feed my BV fetish, I went with an Eileen Fisher Cross Zip Shoulder bag... On sale, and then another 40% off that - hell, ya gotta love that...

Last edited:
It's true... The AW is more casual and the MbMJ can be dressed up or down... I'm not in a very "dressy" phase of life and probably won't be for some time so that isn't a requirement...

I work from home most of the time and have a 2 year old so my style is quite a bit different than it was when I first joined tPF... lol...

This will be a bag that I can use every day to go to the grocery store... bank... farmer's market, park, and a plethora of toddler classes (music, gymnastics, soccer, etc.)... I want a bag I love but won't have a problem putting a collection of various snacks in without too much worry (baby Mum Mum crackers, raising, apple slices, etc.)

I tend to wear jeans and a white t-shirt most of the time and I've got a nice collection of funky sneakers (mostly Isabel Marant) that are in heavy rotation...

Hope that helps... :smile:

It's true... The AW is more casual and the MbMJ can be dressed up or down... I'm not in a very "dressy" phase of life and probably won't be for some time so that isn't a requirement...

I work from home most of the time and have a 2 year old so my style is quite a bit different than it was when I first joined tPF... lol...

This will be a bag that I can use every day to go to the grocery store... bank... farmer's market, park, and a plethora of toddler classes (music, gymnastics, soccer, etc.)... I want a bag I love but won't have a problem putting a collection of various snacks in without too much worry (baby Mum Mum crackers, raising, apple slices, etc.)

I tend to wear jeans and a white t-shirt most of the time and I've got a nice collection of funky sneakers (mostly Isabel Marant) that are in heavy rotation...

BAM - slam dunk for the AW with black hardware.... :biggrin:

Hmmm...in that case, I think I'd change my vote. Donna is a great jeans and t- shirt bag and the perfect edgy complement to funky sneakers. I like the look of the leather on the silver hardware one - looks particularly squishy. :P

I don't think you'd go wrong with either. I have one AW and two MbMJ bags. They have all worn very well. I think the AW edges out because its a little more unique. Let us know what u pick!

I've fondled both and I have to vote for the Donna w/ silver. I've had my eye on that bag for a long time and every time I see it in a store I want to take it home! leather is so soft and smooshy.