Which Black Bag (Alexander Wang Donna vs Marc by Marc Jacobs Hillier)

Which Black Bag Do You Prefer?

• Alexander Wang Donna (silver hardware)

• Alexander Wang Donna (black hardware)

• Marc by Marc Jacobs Hillier Hobo

• None of the Above

Results are only viewable after voting.

sep

Live-Luv-Shop-Repeat
Nov 19, 2007
Hi All,

I've been wanting a black shoulder bag for a while and am having a tough time deciding between these 3... Which do you prefer?

Alexander Wang Donna (silver hardware)
Alexander Wang Donna (black hardware)
Marc by Marc Jacobs Hillier Hobo

Attachments

Esquared72

Adrift and At Peace
O.G.
Feb 16, 2009
I've heard the leather on Donna is really fabulous. But I say MbMJ, too. I think it's more versatile as it can dress up or down, while the AW is super casual.

indiaink

Well, that didn't last long.
Authenticator
O.G.
May 3, 2007
sep, you would have a two totally different vibes going on here, wouldn't you - :smile:

I can't vote. I like the Wang with black hardware and the MJ bag equally - for different occasions. One's casual, one's more dressy.

I finally just found my own black hobo - not being able to currently afford to feed my BV fetish, I went with an Eileen Fisher Cross Zip Shoulder bag... On sale, and then another 40% off that - hell, ya gotta love that...

Last edited:

sep

Live-Luv-Shop-Repeat
Nov 19, 2007
It's true... The AW is more casual and the MbMJ can be dressed up or down... I'm not in a very "dressy" phase of life and probably won't be for some time so that isn't a requirement...

I work from home most of the time and have a 2 year old so my style is quite a bit different than it was when I first joined tPF... lol...

This will be a bag that I can use every day to go to the grocery store... bank... farmer's market, park, and a plethora of toddler classes (music, gymnastics, soccer, etc.)... I want a bag I love but won't have a problem putting a collection of various snacks in without too much worry (baby Mum Mum crackers, raising, apple slices, etc.)

I tend to wear jeans and a white t-shirt most of the time and I've got a nice collection of funky sneakers (mostly Isabel Marant) that are in heavy rotation...

Hope that helps... :smile:

indiaink

Well, that didn't last long.
Authenticator
O.G.
May 3, 2007
It's true... The AW is more casual and the MbMJ can be dressed up or down... I'm not in a very "dressy" phase of life and probably won't be for some time so that isn't a requirement...

I work from home most of the time and have a 2 year old so my style is quite a bit different than it was when I first joined tPF... lol...

This will be a bag that I can use every day to go to the grocery store... bank... farmer's market, park, and a plethora of toddler classes (music, gymnastics, soccer, etc.)... I want a bag I love but won't have a problem putting a collection of various snacks in without too much worry (baby Mum Mum crackers, raising, apple slices, etc.)

I tend to wear jeans and a white t-shirt most of the time and I've got a nice collection of funky sneakers (mostly Isabel Marant) that are in heavy rotation...

BAM - slam dunk for the AW with black hardware.... :biggrin:

Esquared72

Adrift and At Peace
O.G.
Feb 16, 2009

Hmmm...in that case, I think I'd change my vote. Donna is a great jeans and t- shirt bag and the perfect edgy complement to funky sneakers. I like the look of the leather on the silver hardware one - looks particularly squishy. :P

roanth

Jan 23, 2012
I don't think you'd go wrong with either. I have one AW and two MbMJ bags. They have all worn very well. I think the AW edges out because its a little more unique. Let us know what u pick!

redskater

bags,books & Kitties
O.G.
Jan 2, 2008
on the golf course!
I've fondled both and I have to vote for the Donna w/ silver. I've had my eye on that bag for a long time and every time I see it in a store I want to take it home! leather is so soft and smooshy.