Which Bean Boot height and size?

Jul 28, 2009
Hi gals, I am an EU 39 (womens 8-9 depending on style) and looking to purchase a pair of bean boots. While looking at the sizing and measurements I can't tell if I would be an 8 or a 9 :-/

I'm also torn between boot heights and whether to choose the 6", 8" or 10" hunting shoe. Which hits a better height on your leg? When I am in the cold/rain it is usually in NorCal or NYC, so I don't really need to worry about snowdrifts being knee high... mainly city slush. Which height boots do you girls love and find most practical/stylish/comfortable?

Thanks!

Jul 12, 2009
I wear a size 9 in both the standard bean boots in the 6 inch height and the brown shearling lined ones which I think might be 8 inch. I tend to be between a US 8-9, and a 38-39 in Euro sizing and I do get a bit of rubbing on the back of my heel in the standard ones (the shearling ones give the extra padding on the heel). The shearling version fall just below mid-calf on me, and I love them so much in the winter. The standard ones are great for fall rain, easy to put on, and can be warmed up with a shearling insole for when it's chilly. For CA, the 6 inch is suitable, but the 8 or 10 inch might provide better warmth and coverage for NY. They're all awesome, and I kind of want a third pair :P