Which Bayswater - Shiny Goat or Grainy Calf advice please?

SofieR

Apr 12, 2011
I'm looking to purchase my first Bayswater but I don't have much experience with the leather. I was thinking of getting the Midnight Blue shiny goat , Mole Grey Grainy Calf or Black Soft Grain Bayswater?

Which leather is more durable, rain proof and scratch resistance. I don't want a bag I have to baby but I would like supple leather that feels and looks nice.

Any advice would be great, I'm open to other types of leather also. :smile:

I have got the taupe bayswater in shiny goat. It is very light in weight and is wearing well. I think goat is one of the most hard wearing leathers. If you give it a good spray it is almost waterproof.

I have no experience of goat leather. My aubergine bayswater is in grain calf and it looks good- it's slouched a bit at one side which annoys me a little, but it happens. It also regularly gets taken out in rain without any issues - but it is in a dark colour, which helps I suppose.

The goat seems to be very popular. I think I will get the midnight blue in shiny goat. Does anyone have any advice on how to get it at a discount? Is the best time to buy during the summer sales? Would appreciate any advice on my first mulberry purchase.