Which Bal would you use for 'going out'

tireebabe

May 11, 2008
I'd like my next Bal to be the perfect bag for using when I am going out with my OH eg, for a casual dinner, to see a band or just down to the pub.

What Bal would you suggest I buy? A First? A Twiggy? Any other suggestions?

I'd love to hear your thoughts. I don't carry much when I'm going out so don't think I need anything as big as a City.

Colour suggestions would be great too.

TIA :smile:

All the suggestions so far are really good. I think it depends on if you want a shoulder strap or not. The first is great to wear on the shoulder if you want a longer strap (that could be worn cross body) a town, hip, or the new giant stitch would do too. If you want something hand held I'd say the clutch or the envelope would work. Color wise I don't know what you normally wear so it's hard to say. If your looking for something neutral I'd go with black or anthra SGH. I love the GH on the smaller bags it's like mini giant hardware it's SO cute.

Great ideas there. Anthra would be a perfect colour but I recently bought an Anthra city and don't like to dup my colours.

I'd love to see a clutch or hip IRL as they look great on the forum.

The Twiggy holds a lot more than a First so like you said you don't carry much I would go with the First.......it's a great bag......very casual. You can never go wrong with black, anthracite or a brown tone.

If I want to carry a little more I use my twiggy, otherwise my flat brass first or my shoulder. Love both, the fbf is more like a small handbag and holds a bit more, the shoulder is perfect for going, just hold it in your hand or tuck it on the shoulder.