Which Bal would you use for 'going out'

tireebabe

May 11, 2008
Scotland
I'd like my next Bal to be the perfect bag for using when I am going out with my OH eg, for a casual dinner, to see a band or just down to the pub.

What Bal would you suggest I buy? A First? A Twiggy? Any other suggestions?

I'd love to hear your thoughts. I don't carry much when I'm going out so don't think I need anything as big as a City.

Colour suggestions would be great too.

TIA :smile:

pixiejenna

O.G.
Apr 5, 2009
All the suggestions so far are really good. I think it depends on if you want a shoulder strap or not. The first is great to wear on the shoulder if you want a longer strap (that could be worn cross body) a town, hip, or the new giant stitch would do too. If you want something hand held I'd say the clutch or the envelope would work. Color wise I don't know what you normally wear so it's hard to say. If your looking for something neutral I'd go with black or anthra SGH. I love the GH on the smaller bags it's like mini giant hardware it's SO cute.

tireebabe

May 11, 2008
Scotland
Great ideas there. Anthra would be a perfect colour but I recently bought an Anthra city and don't like to dup my colours.

I'd love to see a clutch or hip IRL as they look great on the forum.

Luxe Diva

LVOE 4 DESIGNER BAGS
Sep 8, 2007
Arizona
The Twiggy holds a lot more than a First so like you said you don't carry much I would go with the First.......it's a great bag......very casual. You can never go wrong with black, anthracite or a brown tone.

drati

by the sea
O.G.
Oct 13, 2007
If I want to carry a little more I use my twiggy, otherwise my flat brass first or my shoulder. Love both, the fbf is more like a small handbag and holds a bit more, the shoulder is perfect for going, just hold it in your hand or tuck it on the shoulder.

Oct 24, 2005
UK
Would say First, Town or Hip (depending on how much stuff you carry when you go out) would be my choices for an evening-type bag.