Which Bal wallet would you suggest?

LJS58

O.G.
Jul 8, 2009
Hi,

Im looking to buy my first Bal wallet, and I'd love to know your opinions. I carry around alot of cards, between credit cards, insurance cards, etc. I'm also thinking about using a coin purse for a wallet. Thoughts?

I have a Compagnon and I love it :biggrin: Room for my cards and all my little papers + it is large enough to have my phone in it if I bring it on it's own. It's quite big for a wallet, but I love that too!

I LOVE my Money Wallet. I'm pretty sure its the same size as the Compagnon, but I prefer the button closure to the zip around wallet. It has 8 credit card slots and then four larger slots for bills and papers. I keep all my insurance etc. cards in one of the larger slots and then keep my ID's and credit cards in the real cc slots. It is VERY spacious yet still chic and not bulky. It also has a zipper compartment for change.

As far as using a coin purse for a wallet....they're pretty big but its just one compartment. You would not be able to stay very organized as its just one section. Also, they are big for being called "coin purse" but not big enough to hold all the essentials of a wallet IMO. You could definitely use a cp for just credit cards and stuff if you wanted to do that and have something separate for everything else. I love using the coin purse for lipsticks and stuff.

Also, there's a Coin Wallet which is a smaller version of the Compagnon Wallet. I've never seen the size in person but I think it's kind of like a coin purse but with separate compartments. if you like smaller wallets, this might be a good option. I love big wallets because I tend to throw random things like receipts and stuff in and I need lots of space!

Hope this helps....good luck!

I forgot there's also a Mini Compagnon wallet which I've heard great things about. Its smaller than the Compagnon but I've heard its still bigger than one expects.

And, I've just realized (is this new?!) they now have a mini Money wallet! It's really cute.

You just need to decide if you like bigger wallets or smaller wallets and if you prefer zip around or snap. Bal has lots of options for you!

You should also do a search and look at some past threads on this topic.

i've just got my first bal wallet, a money wallet (from a lovely TPF'er) and i love it! it has space for everything, cards,bill, a zip compartment for coins...

Money wallet ... no questions! I have three and would consider more. The size is perfect, it has tons of storage and I love how you just open the flap and see everything there. I don't like wallets where you open them completely flat so both sides are laying flat and exposed ... I worry that things would fall out.

I love both size compagnon's and use both. I had a money wallet and wasn't crazy about having to find the magnetic button to snap it shut all the time. I like zip wallets because my stuff is safe inside if I carry just my wallet. The small compagnon amazingly holds as much as the large but I really like how the large sits in my Day bags along side my Bal MU bag and all my cards are lined up. I don't care about keeping my checkbook in my wallet because I don't use it as much so I put it in my MU bag. The small compagnon works for smaller Bal bags really well and will also fit in the large inside pocket of the Day bag.

Hi everyone,

Thanks so much for your suggestions. It seems that the larger wallets (money wallet and the compagnon) are by far the favorites. It's so hard to figure out which wallet would be the most functional by just looking at pictures! The stores that carry Bal are pretty far from me, so I'll probably need to order on-line. Thanks for the great advice! :smile:

I love both size compagnon's and use both. I had a money wallet and wasn't crazy about having to find the magnetic button to snap it shut all the time. I like zip wallets because my stuff is safe inside if I carry just my wallet. The small compagnon amazingly holds as much as the large but I really like how the large sits in my Day bags along side my Bal MU bag and all my cards are lined up. I don't care about keeping my checkbook in my wallet because I don't use it as much so I put it in my MU bag. The small compagnon works for smaller Bal bags really well and will also fit in the large inside pocket of the Day bag.

Hi,

I never thought of putting my checks in my MU bag. I rarely use them too. Great idea!