Which bags did you all sell this year and do you miss any?

daisyorange

Jun 5, 2015
Hi Guys, Like some of you I am too looking to downsize but seem to have a tough time parting with my bags (even though they haven't been used). Just curious to see what your experiences have been.

I've eliminated about 12 Coach bags and 6 LV and don't regret any!
Any bag I haven't used in the last 3 months was eliminated. Also any bag that doesn't fit my current lifestyle (I barely use mini bags anymore and I had about 12).
Make a list, set a number and you want to downsize to and start off with the ones you can let go of until you reach your goal. Good luck!

I've sold/given away some bags this year and have absolutely no regrets. I enjoy the bags I still have even more now. I'll probably downsize some more when I decide which are my must-keeps.

This year, I sold my Abigail in croc embossed, my Poppy quilted slim tote, and my mahogany Lindsey. I want to sell about 4 or 5 more. I just don't use them all and frankly, some of them, I feel like my tastes have evolved.

I reach for the same ones over and over, so I may try to pare down to just 10 total, but I really don't know if I could actually follow through, lol!

I've eliminated about 12 Coach bags and 6 LV and don't regret any!
Any bag I haven't used in the last 3 months was eliminated. Also any bag that doesn't fit my current lifestyle (I barely use mini bags anymore and I had about 12).
Make a list, set a number and you want to downsize to and start off with the ones you can let go of until you reach your goal. Good luck!

I really need to do this, and I envy you. I am starting to feel overwhelmed, and that takes a bit of the fun out of picking a bag. Maybe I will start with SLG's....

i sold a lot of chanel's, maybe 6 or 7, mostly crossbody styles and one tote. i have discovered i really don't like chanel after all and prefer more modern styles, like with LV and Coach, mainly. i regret selling a navy/shw caviar chanel tote because that color combo is rare, but i'm much happier with bags that have multiple chain and color options at lower price points:smile:

Hi daisyorange. Good to see you! I have never sold any bags until a few months ago. My collection got too big and overwhelming. There was no room in my closet -- it was not a good feeling to see the "clutter" aka my purse collection every time I opened my closet. I started with a couple of bags that were "mistakes" -- styles that were popular here but didn't work for me so I ended up using them just once. So I didn't miss those bags at all. Then I moved on to other bags that were not mistakes but I simply changed my mind about them (some still had tags on). Again, didn't miss them since I never/rarely used them at all. I feel much better having sold a dozen bags. I still want to downsize some more after the holidays. I doubt you would miss your bags unless it was an HG. Feel free to pm me if you have more questions.

Last edited:
I tried to start counting, but I gave up. I've sold or currently have listed around 50 bags, I think. I completely ignored my New Year's resolution last January to keep my collection manageable. Now I'm trying to get my collection back to manageable, and hopefully next year I can do a better job of keeping it there.

I don't miss any I've sold. If I think a bag could be one I could part with, but give myself more time to think about it, I always end up selling it. If I don't get excited and cut tags and move in immediately upon acquiring a bag, I usually never get around to it, and it gets resold or returned.

Sometimes I regret the bags I sold but I remind myself why I got rid of it. I have sold almost every bag I've ever owned, as I keep my collection under 15 bags at all times. Right now I only have 3 duffles, a Rory and a Taxi tote.

I can't seem to keep mine under 25-30 but I am constantly selling, selling, selling. I would love to be at the under 15 mark but I just can't seem to do it. Much to my utter amazement I went to pull out a Coach bag the other day only to realize I only have 4 Coach left. I used to have maybe 30. I seem to be going a bit more high end with more Gucci, LV, Chloe, Bal, Burberry. I used to have almost 20 MK and now I have 1.

No regrets. I'm pretty ruthless once I decide something is going. I hold no sentimental attachment to "stuff" for the most part.

I have kind of lost track as I do one here and there, and often give them away if I can't sell. I would say that I have probably gotten rid of 10 this year, and the fact that I can't remember them all answers the question of do I miss them? I guess not! Some of them I know I felt glad to give away as I just feel better when something isn't right for me that someone else is getting good use out of it.

I have had to make myself look at bags more logically so that I will quit buying for a deal, and really just get the ones I really want.

I did a massive clean-out this year (and still am planning to pare down a bit more) and sold the following:
4 keyfobs/charms
4 scarves/other accessories
9 Coach bags
5 non-Coach bags

...I still have a couple of items that I want to sell, but am trying to get the timing right! I'm not sure anyone is really shopping the resale market from Black Friday through the end of the year, so maybe next year, haha!

I don't really miss the items I sold - one tip I would give is to make a list of ALL handbags (I used Excel, and also added the keyfobs and scarves, etc. to the list). Then I just kept re-visiting the list, so I could critically see how many items I actually have and which ones I could live without. I highlighted the bags/items that I regretted buying, impulse purchases, or bags that I never use anymore/just don't like to carry. This made it easier to move the item down to the "want to sell" area of the spreadsheet. Then I thought about it some more before actually selling :biggrin:

I know it sounds analytical, but I work with numbers/spreadsheets for my job, and this method just made it easier for me. It also helped me not regret anything, because I felt I really pondered my list before impulsively selling my bags.

Last edited:
I agree with Kells1983 on making a list. Her idea of a spreadsheet on excel is great. I am not good with excel so I just have a simple "Note" on my phone. It really helps to see how many and what you have. I also list the bags sold to remind myself of my progress and what bags/style I don't need.