Which bag..

Jill N

O.G.
Dec 25, 2007
Thoughts on which bag I should keep. When I buy a new bag I sell one. I have just bought the bowling bag and had the large satchel for a couple months. Thinking of selling the satchel. What do people think is the best one?

IMG_5979.png

IMG_5756.png

Both bags have very different looks, do you have modeling pic of bowling bag? Do you like zipper opening or flap opening? Satchel is more structured. I personally love the bowler for more casual vibe, but that’s my style atm.

Reactions: Jill N
Not a Chanel person but I love the satchel. It's more formal and has a lot of presence whereas the bowler is more casual and has a smooth leather which will show marks more easily.

It really depends which you will either use more, your style and which you love the best.

Reactions: OCMomof3 and Jill N
Personally, I much prefer the satchel. It is quintessentially Chanel IMHO, timeless, classic, polished etc. It also looks more durable than the bowler; the bowler is so smooth it looks like it would show marks quite easily.

As others have said, though, I do think it depends on your overall style vibe and personal preference. I tend to lean more to the dressy side, so the satchel would fit my vibe better. If you’re more casual, though, the bowler might be a better option. … I do think the satchel would look great with jeans and sneakers, just like how the classic flaps look great when worn casually.

Both bags are really large; are these everyday bags? Or more for travel? That might affect which you keep, too.

So much to consider. Good luck making your decision!

Reactions: Jill N
Thoughts on which bag I should keep. When I buy a new bag I sell one. I have just bought the bowling bag and had the large satchel for a couple months. Thinking of selling the satchel. What do people think is the best one?

View attachment 5785594

View attachment 5785595
They are both lovely, but if I were in your shoes and had to make a decision. I would hands down keep the Flap! Hands down!

They are SO different. I love the satchel. Why sell it?

The bowling bag I don't get. I have an inexpensive bag in that style, but it doesn't work on my frame, and it throws off my whole look so I never quite used it.

I have a good collection but with increasing costs I’m trying when I buy one I need to sell one. The satchel does get heavy. I’m more of a legging and comfy person most of the time. I have my mini and jumbo for going out.