Which bag..

Jill N

O.G.
Dec 25, 2007
Thoughts on which bag I should keep. When I buy a new bag I sell one. I have just bought the bowling bag and had the large satchel for a couple months. Thinking of selling the satchel. What do people think is the best one?

IMG_5979.png

IMG_5756.png

zaraha

O.G.
Apr 4, 2012
Both bags have very different looks, do you have modeling pic of bowling bag? Do you like zipper opening or flap opening? Satchel is more structured. I personally love the bowler for more casual vibe, but that’s my style atm.

Reactions: Jill N

MiniMabel

O.G.
Mar 7, 2009
Not a Chanel person but I love the satchel. It's more formal and has a lot of presence whereas the bowler is more casual and has a smooth leather which will show marks more easily.

It really depends which you will either use more, your style and which you love the best.

Reactions: OCMomof3 and Jill N

Classy&Fab

May 11, 2019
Personally, I much prefer the satchel. It is quintessentially Chanel IMHO, timeless, classic, polished etc. It also looks more durable than the bowler; the bowler is so smooth it looks like it would show marks quite easily.

As others have said, though, I do think it depends on your overall style vibe and personal preference. I tend to lean more to the dressy side, so the satchel would fit my vibe better. If you’re more casual, though, the bowler might be a better option. … I do think the satchel would look great with jeans and sneakers, just like how the classic flaps look great when worn casually.

Both bags are really large; are these everyday bags? Or more for travel? That might affect which you keep, too.

So much to consider. Good luck making your decision!

Reactions: Jill N

Debbie65

Dec 5, 2019
Thoughts on which bag I should keep. When I buy a new bag I sell one. I have just bought the bowling bag and had the large satchel for a couple months. Thinking of selling the satchel. What do people think is the best one?

View attachment 5785594

View attachment 5785595
They are both lovely, but if I were in your shoes and had to make a decision. I would hands down keep the Flap! Hands down!

Mar 19, 2007
They are SO different. I love the satchel. Why sell it?

The bowling bag I don't get. I have an inexpensive bag in that style, but it doesn't work on my frame, and it throws off my whole look so I never quite used it.

Jill N

O.G.
Dec 25, 2007
I have a good collection but with increasing costs I’m trying when I buy one I need to sell one. The satchel does get heavy. I’m more of a legging and comfy person most of the time. I have my mini and jumbo for going out.