Which bag would you choose??

bagloverny

O.G.
Feb 24, 2013
Hey guys, I am contemplating my next bag purchase and would like your input! I am trying to decide between a Chanel jumbo caviar flap (in navy blue or red) and a LV Sofia Coppola SC bag in PM size (in cobalt). I know they are very different bags and this is the Chanel sub forum so there may be some bias but I would really appreciate some input! So which would you pick and why??

I would be using this bag quite frequently. I love classic, iconic bags which I feel like both of these are. I currently don't have any Chanel jumbo flaps and I don't own any LV bags. Can anyone who has both chime in on which you like more and why?

Thanks so much!

Jumbo Flap - all the way because it is a style that will last until you are little old grey haired lady pushing a zimmer frame (you can wear it cross body then - hehe)..................
seriously though, I would say Jumbo because if you can afford it now then get it, the last price increase in Australia saw it rise by 30% - it is almost out of reach to most of us ladies now (even the pre-loved prices are insane) so get it whilst you can & also I think Chanel does have a better resale value - I know when we buy a bag we think we will never sell it but it is something to consider if ones lifestyle changes and bag needs change.
The Jumbo is a real keeper though, I love them.
But the chains do get heavy carrying it all day - have to admit - but as they say "no pain no gain" - it is a beauty to own.

PS I also own LV so am not totally biased - both make lovely bags - but the Flap is that "something special"

Last edited:
I have several classic flaps and several LVs, though no SC bags. The SC is gorgeous, however, if I were to decide between the SC and a flap, I'd take the Chanel.

From a heritage standpoint, Coco Chanel was dumped off in an orphanage and became a self-made businesswoman who persevered through the war years. Whatever decisions she made have to be considered against the backdrop of war and all its ancillary repercussions, something no one in modern age can possibly relate to. I have nothing against Sofia Coppola and am happy for her success, which can arguably be credited to being born into an already successful family. In looking at a bag and thinking of its background, Chanel is drenched in history. Granted, so is the company LV, but not SC.

From an aesthetic standpoint, the classic flaps are just that-classic. They have been for ages. The demand continues. I'm not sure how long you can say that about the SC, beautiful as it is. That being said, which ever you decide on will be a great bag.

Navy, red, cobalt? All very pretty. Cobalt is attractive, but would you get tired of it after a while? My nod goes to navy.

I'd say navy or red Chanel.

I love sc bag and the understatement of the bags. But personally I don't feel LV preserves the values as good as Chanel (from a person who took a loss to sell LV epi Alma)!

Plus Chanel flaps are just classics!

Chanel Jumbo, much more classic, if you can afford it go for it, prices will increase if you get bored you can probably sell it off at the price you bought it in a few years! x

Hey guys, I am contemplating my next bag purchase and would like your input! I am trying to decide between a Chanel jumbo caviar flap (in navy blue or red) and a LV Sofia Coppola SC bag in PM size (in cobalt). I know they are very different bags and this is the Chanel sub forum so there may be some bias but I would really appreciate some input! So which would you pick and why??

I would be using this bag quite frequently. I love classic, iconic bags which I feel like both of these are. I currently don't have any Chanel jumbo flaps and I don't own any LV bags. Can anyone who has both chime in on which you like more and why?

Thanks so much!

My vote is Chanel, no hesitation. I really just think Chanel is so classic and beautiful. I have five lV and only 2 Chanel but recently sold three LV to buy my most recent Chanel. I find Chanel a little more luxurious. May not be a factor for you, but I am a little fickle sometimes about my bags so I do buy them knowing at some point they might be sold when I decide to move one. Chanel, I feel holds value better and is to me an investment. CHANEL in Red:smile: