Which bag would sell...?

1. Over at PurseBlog, we started a new series called Closet Confessionals in which we examine how readers and TPFers afford their bag addictions. Read about it in this intro article and submit your own confessional here. We are looking forward to hearing from you!
    Dismiss Notice
  1. Okay, so after my large signature beaded tote started to fall apart, I brought it back to the store and they told me they couldn't repair it... :cry: The up side is, I did get full store credit back.

Here's the thing: I have everything I want from Coach for now, and won't buy anything until winter or so. I am DYING for the LV Speedy 25 and was thinking of buying a Coach with my credit and selling it on e-bay, and putting the money towards my LV.

Which new bag do you guys think would sell for the closest to its value? What's most in demand? While I tend to go for the more classic leather styles, I know a lot of the newer, trendier, and even more "seasonal" styles are hot on e-bay.

Help please! :yes:

2. Something limited edition, like the scarf print or indigo patchwork maybe?

Scan through eBay a bit and see what is getting a lot of bids/traffic.

3. Could you sell your store credit on e-bay?

4. ^^ That's just what I was thinking. You could prolly use your store credit to buy a gift certificate and then just sell that. You'd get more $$ that way than with buying a purse and reselling it.

5. I see store credit on eBay all the time & I really don't understand the people bidding on it..the bid usually ends like $5.00 below the actually store credit amount, but then you have s/h & it's pretty much even.

6. I agree with the other posters, it may be a better idea to just sell the store credit.

7. That's a good idea. Thanks :smile:

8. And then the shipping would only be $0.39

9. usually I think sellers will ship things like gift cards and coupons free

I probably wouldn't bother, but $5 is still $5 right? $5 to me is half what I paid for a scarf at the Coach outlet, a couple drinks at Starbucks, 2 salads and 4 yogurts at the grocery store, etc

10. They're actually going for a much larger price gap than I thought they would - I say a $428 gift card go for $368.77, and $435 for $375.05. I'm still considering going the bag-selling route, so any ideas on that would be appreciated. :biggrin:

11. I agree, get something limited edition, wait a few weeks to sell out, and then you will probably make more than what you paid, haha. But don't wait too long or the demand will be gone.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice