Which bag to choose: LV Montorgueil PM vs Gucci Sunset medium Tote

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hi everyone,
    I am new to TPF. I am ready to purchase a new bag within this month, but I need your opinions. I also post this question in Gucci Forum and would love to hear thoughts from LV lovers too.

I have two bags in my mind: the first one is Gucci Sunset medium tote from Spring 2010 collection which is priced at $1100.

This is the bag, but in a bigger size: http://www.gucci.com/us/us-english/us/spring-summer-10/handbags/#0-1141620-232943FSD1N8469

Oh! I do have another question for owners of this tote: Do the straws easily get loosed?

Another one is LV Montorgueil PM which costs $800.

I love the multi-color straws on that Gucci tote which is so unique, yet, I love the shape of LV Montorgueil PM which is so classic.

So, which one will you choose and why?

Your opinions are greatly appreciated. Thanks!

2. I do like the background multi-color straw of Gucci Sunset and agree it's unique. Nice for summer with sundresses. Between the 2, I'd still choose LV Montorgueil. Monty can be used practically anywhere.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

3. Monty!

4. I know this is the LV forum but my vote goes to gucci, this sunset is really downtoned but still not boring.
    don't like the monty at all.

5. I agree. Go with the Gucci. I am not a fan of the Monty.

6. Monty I believe has a more lasting look - I just think the Gucci will get dated fast !

7. Not a monty fan I say Gucci

8. monty!!!!!!!!!!;)

9. The Gucci sort of reminds me of a beach bag.

I'd go with LV.

10. LV!!!!l

11. I am not a huge fan of the monty, but I would definately not get that Gucci.

12. I am curious! Can you tell me why don't you love Monty? Is it because the shape is so common?

13. Monty!!:biggrin:

14. I prefer LV over Gucci but..... I don't like the look of the Monty. Have you considered any other LV bag?

15. Yes, i did think of other bags. I really like Galleria PM and tried it in store yesterday, but it looked huge on me.
    I also like Sistina PM, but it's way over my budget at this moment.

I am looking for a shoulder bag, but I am not a fan of Neverfull. Do you have any suggestion? Thanks!