Which bag to buy reissue or jumbo

Obsessionofbags

Mother of 2
Jun 16, 2012
Hi
I recently bought a cerf ( executive) tote , I realised it wasn't a classic but seasonal piece and I found it quite heavy

I own a medallion tote in black and beige I love the because they are classic and light weight
I also own a medium black caviar flap. black, I love it because it's a great evening bag but a bit small for everyday as I have 2 children and like to be hands free

Because I returned my cerf tote I have a credit note and are happy to put more money to get a bag I love

So that leaves me torn between the reissue and the jumbo

I am a on a regular wage so chanel is a luxury to me hence I only buy black or beige and classics as I can not afford to follow seasonal unless the exception I love a piece

Having a jumbo and a med large flap are very similar but scream chanel

We're as the reissue not everybody knows it's chanel unless your classy and. There isn't as many counterfeit

I love the story of the reissue and it is a bit lighter and all my jewellery is platinum but the gold hard wear is stunning

The reissue is more money but not much,

Please please help me decide as I love both can only afford 1 and need to get it right. My heart is 50/50

I used to be so decisive Now I can not make a decision

Thank you in advance

Would live to hear your pros and plus on both style of bags

Hi

I also own a medium black caviar flap. black, I love it because it's a great evening bag but a bit small for everyday as I have 2 children and like to be hands free

So that leaves me torn between the reissue and the jumbo

Having a jumbo and a med large flap are very similar but scream chanel

We're as the reissue not everybody knows it's chanel unless your classy and. There isn't as many counterfeit

I love the story of the reissue and it is a bit lighter and all my jewellery is platinum but the gold hard wear is stunning

The reissue is more money but not much,

Please please help me decide as I love both can only afford 1 and need to get it right. My heart is 50/50

I used to be so decisive Now I can not make a decision

Would live to hear your pros and plus on both style of bags
Since you already have a M/L, I recommend the 2.55 (reissue). It looks like you feel the same way (see statements you made in bold).

Pros:
It's lighter weight than a jumbo
The 226 size can go from day to night
It's the bag Coco Chanel designed, so it's a bit of Chanel history
It's not the same old "jumbo black caviar with gold hardware" that 99% of buyers get

Cons:
I can't find any :smile:

Last edited:
Since you already have a M/L, I recommend the 2.55 (reissue). It looks like you feel the same way (see statements you made in bold).

Pros:
It's not the same old "jumbo black caviar with gold hardware" that 99% of buyers get

Cons:
Thank you or follow you lots on here and you always make sence your opinion is so valid xx

I vote reissue! It's the ultimate classic IMO and it's truly timeless. I have the 226 (black with GHW) and it really is the perfect size, can go from day to night, and isn't too flashy.

Pros:

Cons:

This sums it up perfectly -- go for the reissue!

+1

Reissue!
Jumbo is heavy! I can't handle caviar jumbo and lamb jumbo is the most I can go (but it is heavy already)

And reissue is more under radar and light weight!

Pros:

Cons:

Pros:

Cons:

Another vote for Reissue. Tutu has all the pros covered.

Thank you for all your help a reissue it is. And I think ghw
Only because I have medium in shw
Can you rear the reissue cross body? I know this isn't really designed to worn like that but options are nice

Any model pics please xx

I am a jumbo lover, but nothing beats a reissue IMO. All the reasons you stated above are the reasons I love mine. Effortless and easy. They look so beautiful on and I like that I can wear my 226 sizes crossbody. Here are some pics per your request.

Attachments

• Reissue 226.jpg
    Reissue 226.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 2,544
  • Reissue GHW.jpg
    Reissue GHW.jpg
    125.3 KB · Views: 714
  • Reissue GWH2.jpg
    Reissue GWH2.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 707
  • Reissue GHW3.jpg
    Reissue GHW3.jpg