Which bag should I wish for my 18th birthday?

I think you should go for the classic flap. I had the GST and sold it for a jumbo black in silver hardware. The GST straps would fall off my shoulder alot and it was very heavy.

I ABSOLUTELY AGREE with you on this. I had the GST in Black Caviar with Silver Hardware and the straps were wayyy too heavy, even though the bag is nice(because of its Caviar material and spaciousness). The GST is okay for people with wider shoulders.

My vote is for a Chanel Classic Flap. No reissue, just the simple interlocked C's which are always fabulous.

CARI, What colors do you like to wear? Do you go for bold or for simple and easy to match? And do you like your bags cute or very roomy? I think I could recommend a few things for you if you specify, ^_^.

**In Chanel Love**

PANda_USC, thank you so much! You are so kind! I like to have a classic bag, that will never go out of style. I like colours, but I think for my first Chanel bag it should be a classic and simple (but beutiful) colour. I don't like my bags too small, but not too big either. I'm only 5'4" so I don't want the bag to overwhelm me but I don't like it when bags look too small on me either (I'm difficult, I know :shame:smile:. I don't know the sizes too well so if anyone can, please post pictures of your bags! Thank you so much for your help!

Cari! I know what you mean. I am only 5'3" and I feel that sometimes, giant bags can overwhelm my frame and look a bit silly. As for Chanel's flaps(since they never go out of style), going for the medium/large flap is good for you(dimensions being 10" x 6.5" 2.5" or so). There's room for keys, wallet, cell phone, and maybe a little bit more. Also, the size is good for going shopping since it's not too bulky, and for converting into a "party" bag at night..assuming since you're turning 18, you're going to be partying more, ^_^. As for style, get the interlocking C's! And since you're turning 18, you may want something more durable, like in caviar leather, which is not as soft as lambskin, but caviar leather doesn't scuff as easily either! As for colors, since you like basic colors, the tones you could choose from are white, beige or black. Chanel always has these colors available. Gold or silver hardware is up to you..probably easier to find silver hardware. Attached are some examples of the bag in caviar in the various colors I suggested to you with different combos of hardware color!

**Thank you smoothoprter for the white caviar pic! And thank you tresormakatt for the beige caviar photo and thank you google images/person who didn't watermark so I couldn't give credit to them for the photo of the black caviar**

Best of luck! Do let me know what you decide on!! ^_^!

PANda_USC, thank you so much! You are so kind! I like to have a classic bag, that will never go out of style. I like colours, but I think for my first Chanel bag it should be a classic and simple (but beutiful) colour. I don't like my bags too small, but not too big either. I'm only 5'4" so I don't want the bag to overwhelm me but I don't like it when bags look too small on me either (I'm difficult, I know :shame:smile:. I don't know the sizes too well so if anyone can, please post pictures of your bags! Thank you so much for your help!

Attachments

• ChanelWhiteCaviar001.jpg
    ChanelWhiteCaviar001.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 27
  • chanel-beigecaviar.jpg
    chanel-beigecaviar.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 27
  • chanel+255+medium+black+caviar+GHW+2.jpg
    chanel+255+medium+black+caviar+GHW+2.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 29
PANda_USC, thank you! You are so very very kind! That's so much great suggestions! I love the beige flap, I think the colour is so nice! And the white is stunning as well. Do the white flaps get marks or something like that very easily? I love the black on as well but my sister has that bag and I don't want to walk next to eachother with the same bag.. Haha. Do you know what the approximately price would be for the white/beige? Thank you so so so much! :flowers:

Cari! The Beige Caviar flap w/ Silver Hardware is perfect for day or night..

I have a thing about staying away from white bags because I imagine they'll get dirty and then they're ruined! White can still get marked and stained(pen, spilled coffee, color transfer), but since it's caviar, the likelihood of it getting scuffed is not very high. The white or the beige would be the same price....I attached the European price lists for the exact bag in the exact size and material ,(you want to look at the USA Medium size Classic Flap Caviar)

PANda_USC, thank you! You are so very very kind! That's so much great suggestions! I love the beige flap, I think the colour is so nice! And the white is stunning as well. Do the white flaps get marks or something like that very easily? I love the black on as well but my sister has that bag and I don't want to walk next to eachother with the same bag.. Haha. Do you know what the approximately price would be for the white/beige? Thank you so so so much! :flowers:

Attachments

• Picture 2.jpg
    Picture 2.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 38
Cari! The Beige Caviar flap w/ Silver Hardware is perfect for day or night..

I have a thing about staying away from white bags because I imagine they'll get dirty and then they're ruined! White can still get marked and stained(pen, spilled coffee, color transfer), but since it's caviar, the likelihood of it getting scuffed is not very high. The white or the beige would be the same price....I attached the European price lists for the exact bag in the exact size and material ,(you want to look at the USA Medium size Classic Flap Caviar)

Thank you so much! You have been truly helpfull!

I think you should really go with a classic flap, not the reissue just because the classic CC lock is so much more iconic, ya know - not to say the reissue isn't nice too ... :P

I think the reissue 226 would make a great 2nd chanel, but I say go for a s/m black chanel flap w/ gh - you can't go wrong with that!

I think you should really go with a classic flap, not the reissue just because the classic CC lock is so much more iconic, ya know - not to say the reissue isn't nice too ... :P

I think the reissue 226 would make a great 2nd chanel, but I say go for a s/m black chanel flap w/ gh - you can't go wrong with that!

I think I agree with you. I really love the reissue, but for my first maybe the classic flap would be a better choice. Or the GST..

::bops Cari:: No No No, what did I say about the GST! haha. It's too heavy on the shoulders and had wide-ish straps and is a bit stiff, -__-. Just kidding. Lemme know what you decide on, ^_^.

Definitely a Chanel classic flap (not reissue). It's a perfect bag to start off with IMO. I agree with other members' suggestions to go with caviar in a classic color such as black or beige. A Chanel classic flap adds instant glamour like no other brand (includ. LV!) :smile:

18? Wow, that's a beautiful age to be! I have to be honest, I am a converted LV lover and just got my new Chanel flap bag. Hence, I will recommend you get a Chanel flap bag for your 18th birthday. The current LV designs are a bit "flat" (except for the Mahina range) and there are just way too many fake LVs out there I cringe to use mine and be seen next to someone with the same design but a fake. :yucky:

Definitely go for a Chanel flap! Timeless beauty!!!

Oh.....I know this is a Chanel forum...but would you consider a Hermes Kelly or Birkin perhaps? The only bags that would make me pause to consider against a Chanel flap right now :smile:

Yes, do go for a Chanel rather than an LV. Over here in Singapore, everyone seems to be carrying an LV Neverfull. Once I saw this teenager with a pink Chanel - really looked good on her