Which bag should I get?

edensht

Apr 3, 2019
Hi all,

I am planning on purchasing my first Saint Laurent bag and wanted your help as all stores in my area are closed due to lockdown and I can't go into the store to check them out.

I am debating between the small envelope, medium envelope, toy Loulou, and small loulou
I know that whichever bag I get I will get in black.
I also know that if I get the loulou I will get the black hardware.
I am not sure what hardware I would get on the envelopes but likely gold or silver.

please mention which bag, size, and hardware you would get/own

thank you!

for reference, I am 5'1

envelope medium.jpg envelope small.jpg small loulou.jpg toy loulou.jpg

Apr 4, 2018
New Jersey
The bags are different looks/personalities. Are you looking for structure or pliability? The envelope is more formal. I too like the small Lou in black. I like the shoulder or cross body versatility. The toy is nice if your current need is a mini bag. Think about what's missing from your collection. Which makes your heart sing? :loveeyes:

SushiLover

Aug 29, 2015
I have the med envelope (black w black hardware) and toy lou (dark green w silver hardware), love them both. The med envelope was actually my first YSL handbag purchase so I am partial to it! It started the love for the brand for me so honestly it would be my top suggestion for you.
I agree with the previous poster that they are all different vibes :smile: It of course depends on your needs but I find the small envelope is too small for me. The small lou lou is on my current wish list but need to try it in person first; I want to be sure it can fit all my essentials.

Mar 19, 2007
LaLa Land
Do you prefer structured bags or something more relaxed? Look into your closet, the answer is already there. I can't do structured bags, I look funny with them. So I vote for the small Lou or the toy lou.

Between the small lou and the toy lou, small lou is bigger, so it carries more. I prefer function in this instance.

shasha_83

O.G.
Mar 5, 2010
Hi all,

I am planning on purchasing my first Saint Laurent bag and wanted your help as all stores in my area are closed due to lockdown and I can't go into the store to check them out.

I am debating between the small envelope, medium envelope, toy Loulou, and small loulou
I know that whichever bag I get I will get in black.
I also know that if I get the loulou I will get the black hardware.
I am not sure what hardware I would get on the envelopes but likely gold or silver.

please mention which bag, size, and hardware you would get/own

thank you!

for reference, I am 5'1

View attachment 4796895 View attachment 4796896 View attachment 4796897 View attachment 4796898
Which bag did you go for?