Which bag should I buy: Black Givenchy Micro Nightingale OR Cassis Mini Pompon?

Tamiirahh

Feb 7, 2014
I am on a stressful debate on which one I should buy: Black Lambskin (not the goatskin, the cheaper version) Givenchy Micro Nightingale OR Balenciaga Mini Pompon in Cassis in Giant Silver Hardware? I am 5'1", 19 year old. I don't own a single black bag, yet I have always wanted a Balenciaga bag. I already have a Givenchy bag, the Bambi Tote. I am buying second hand and I don't have other options. These bags are in my budget. The Micro Nightingale was love at first sight...the mini pompon is super cute and unique! I adore the color and the giant hardware!! We all know the black bags are the smarter investment. But is the micro nightingale appropriate for my age?
I just want to get both!!! But I can't :sad: I wonder which bag will be around longer..like how long with givenchy and Bal produce those bags...I can always raise more money and get the other bag later but I may not have the chance to. I may be over analyzing this decision a tad bit! HELP? 😅

Mariapia

Feb 21, 2012
France
What a tough dilemna. I like both! They are perfect for a 19 year old lady.
I cannot really help... Let's wait for other ladies to chime in!

Luksus

Apr 6, 2014
Denmark
I am 18 so I might be able to get you a perspective closer to your own age ;)
I absolutely love the Givenchy. I see it as ladylike but still with a casual edge that is appropriate to our age group - I don't think this will go out of style. Depending on how you dress I believe this can be used for both a more casual situation but also a more formal one.
On the other hand we have the Balenciaga. I personally dislike very large hardware so that's a no from me. The only thing that stops be from saying that you should just get the Givenchy is that you say that you have always dreamed about owning a Balenciaga bag. If you buy the Givenchy will you be satisfied, or are you just thinking about the Mini Pompon because of the brand name?

Tamiirahh

Feb 7, 2014
I am 18 so I might be able to get you a perspective closer to your own age ;)
I absolutely love the Givenchy. I see it as ladylike but still with a casual edge that is appropriate to our age group - I don't think this will go out of style. Depending on how you dress I believe this can be used for both a more casual situation but also a more formal one.
On the other hand we have the Balenciaga. I personally dislike very large hardware so that's a no from me. The only thing that stops be from saying that you should just get the Givenchy is that you say that you have always dreamed about owning a Balenciaga bag. If you buy the Givenchy will you be satisfied, or are you just thinking about the Mini Pompon because of the brand name?

When I saw the Givenchy bag for the first time in a boutique this summer I kinda gasped because I didn't know they made all these mini versions! Twas love at first site! Its so my style because I would never carry a regular sized nightingale [or a pandora (but a small will do)] - at least for now.
And then for the Bal, that is also a mini version of the original..when I first saw it...which is online... I liked it and thought it was really cute. Side story, I originally wanted a Town; Because that was the first thing in the boutique in Paris that caught my attention. I didn't even bother experimenting with the other styles because I thought that the Town was it. Slowly the Mini Pompon started growing on me...and now I am loving it. Literally more love than I did like a day ago. So I saw one on ebay, and it intrigued me and I (idk what happened but I just did it!) made a best offer of my budget, and to my surprise it was accepted! I was more like 'uh-oh' rather that 'yay'! I didn't think the person would accept the offer because it was rather low compared to her price. Idk if I sent that offer because I was desperate, that I wanted to just buy a bag or get over it otherwise I would spend my money away in the long run OR if I was really intrigued by that bag and loved it the second I saw it. And then after my offer was accepted, I did tons of research on it and I really grew to love the bag. Now I'm thinking I'd be crazy not to buy this beauty at this amazing price!! I was almost gonna buy it.. But Then I stumble upon that micro nightingale!! Ugh! which is just a tad more expensive. But its black so I'm not complaining. The condition of the micro is very good, although the condition of the pompon is excellent. The micro has a higher retail value.
So right now I'm stuck. I thought I might as well just go ahead with my purchase since it already in my cart! But I really want to make the right decision as there is no turning back. I think no matter which one I get, I wouldn't regret either of them. Each have their own beauty and shouldn't be compared.
The micro nightingale has always been in my heart and now that mini pompon got in and can't get out, also in my heart.
And I actually adore the G12 (hate the g21 though-too big, looks tacky)!! Not a fan of RH, I think its ugly, looks cheap. Lol